PDA

View Full Version : Stream recommendation

wakeboarder2342
05/27/2004, 08:18 PM
Ok im sure you get sick of people asking what tunze to put in there tank but here is another one :) i have a 65 gall tank 3 foot long, anyway i am currently running 2 mj1200's and a mag9 running via a SCWD for my return pump from my 20 gall sump. i keep mostly SPS and clams with a few LPS. what would you recommend for a stream? or do you think im ok in the flow area? im thinking maybe ditch the 2 mj's and go with 1 stream .
advise is appreicated
thanks

Homey the Reefkeeper
05/27/2004, 10:33 PM
Good question jamesbburgess - I'm also researching the tunze streams. Do the pumps oscillate? I have a 120g with a mag12 pump, but I need more flow :)

hammerhead
05/27/2004, 10:43 PM
I think you tank is to small for a stream. This question has been asked before do a search on it.

clownnrnd
05/27/2004, 11:13 PM
james,
I would bet the electronic turbelle's would work pretty well for you. I have one of the smallest ones w/ a single controller on a 30 gal. cube and it is fantastic. The quality of the Tunze products are second to none IMO. I don't know what size Roger would reccomend but with my turbelle if I get a bigger tank some day all I have to do to flow more water through the powerhead is buy a bigger driver and not a whole new set-up. IMO that's sweet.
See Ya

rvitko
05/28/2004, 09:11 AM
James, if you are keeping SPS or lots of leathers a 6000 witha single controller would be the best choice but bear in mind it is a major increase in flow. For anything other than straight SPS or leathers I would likely consider a 7400/2 or 7300/2 with a single controller. You will get easily double the flow and the nozzle is 1" so it is still a big upgrade just on a more reasonable scale for a smaller tank.