PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with MD

royb
06/03/2004, 12:49 AM
I placed an order on 5/24/2004. I received a nice e-mail on 5/25/2004 stating that you were out of the ballast, but you would receive more on 5/28/2004 and my order would be shipped out on Monday. Monday was a Holiday....so I sent an e-mail asking if MD was in fact open on Monday. I received another e-mail that stated that MD is open but wouldn't be able to ship my order until Tuesday 5/1/2004.

It's now Thursday and I still haven't received a shipping notice.

I had a very similar experience to this one on one of my last orders. I ordered an Ozonizer…it was back ordered…..I canceled the order……MD shipped my canceled order anyway. So I ended up with the one I ordered from MD and one I ordered from another vendor.

I used to be a big fan of MD, but it seems like recently everytime I order an item over $150 it's backordered.

MarineDepot
06/03/2004, 01:02 PM
Hi Roy,

Thank you for ordering with Marine Depot. We apologize for the delay with your order. I have checked on the order and it will be shipping today. The package is scheduled to arrive to you tomorrow. I have also checked your previous orders with us, and show that this has been the only order placed on backorder from your last few orders with us. I have also added a note to your account to ship your next two orders to you free of charge (regardless of the amount) As you may know since you live so close to us, there would be no point in upgrading from the standard Ground Service.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Ben
Customer Service
MarineDepot.com

royb
06/03/2004, 02:18 PM
Thank you for looking into this Ben.

On that previous order:
I received an e-mail the day after I ordered it stating that the item was backordered for a week. I replied back that I wanted to cancel the order and got a confirmation e-mail that the order was canceled. That night I received a shipping confirmation and the next day received the item.

You're right it wasn't backordered.

But with all the orders I've put through you guys this was the first time something like that happened. I shrugged it off...no big deal.

Thanks

Roy