PDA

View Full Version : stream 6000 available

wfv57
06/30/2004, 04:34 AM
I ordered two 6000 streams from marine depot expecting to be added to a waiting list and they had them in stock! I plan to use these with out the controller until the release of the new version. I also received the new phosphate test kit (thanks Roger). This is a very nice kit. I would like a control sample with any test kit for qa/qc purposes but otherwise no complaints. Roger I read a lot about the varies states phosphates exist in reef tanks e.g. organic bound etc. any references for this kit about what forms are detected? thanks Bill

rvitko
06/30/2004, 06:05 AM
I wouldn't worry about the accuracy, it is a Machery Nagel set which puts it up there with Merck and Lamotte and it is an ISO certified kit that would be used in labs and municipal water testing. The box mentions testing levels of total P and PO4-3 so I assume it gives the full picture but you may want to ask Randy in the Reef Chemistry forum, likely you could contact Machery Nagel as well, they have a big market in the US with the universities so I would expect they have an English support line.

Kelly
06/30/2004, 07:23 AM
Funny that Marine Depot had them in stock. I ordered two 6000's from Premium Aquatics and was put on their waiting list. I was originally going to get them from MD!!

Hopefully it wont be for too long...I'm jonesing to see those in action in my new tank. I'm also going to buy a multi-controller. What are the advantages of the new model - is it going to be that big of an improvement?

rvitko
06/30/2004, 11:28 AM
The 7095 will have a built in moonlight with 29 day lunar cycle. It will have a new program called Interval II which leaves one pump on the lowest power while the other pulses. It will also have the capability to do intervals as short as one second, the current model can only go as fast as a minute.

Kelly
07/01/2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks Roger..