PDA

View Full Version : Won Pro heater ?

reefskinner
10/03/2001, 03:50 PM
Hey Jason, I am thinking of getting a Won Pro 200 watt heater from you for my 90, and had a question.(or three) I have heard that they must be ran in a vertical position. I was thinking of placing it in my overflow for that reason. I figured it would be a good place for it as it would get a steady flow across it to transfer the heat evenly through the tank. I am using a Ranco temp control unit, and figured I could continue to do so by adjusting the heater thermostat a bit higher than the set point on the controller. Do you see any problem with that setup? Also, could you tell me how long the power cord is, as it will need to be fairly long to go from my controller to the overflow.

Thanks for the help, keep up the good work.
Shawn

jasonfrey
10/03/2001, 03:54 PM
Hi Shawn,

The instructions say vertical mount, but it can go vertical or horizontal. I checked with the manufacture and it's just a misprint on the box.

On the controller, i think that is a good idea, i'm sure that is a more dependable controller then the one that comes with it, so would be much safer. We have only had one reported problem so far with them overheating, so better track record then the glass heaters. I had one blow up from water splash accident, so make sure you protect the controller/plug part.

On the cord, it's about 6 feet, not real long. You could use an extension cord, but if so, get a good heavy duty one, short as possible, that way you don't overheat the plug.

jason