PDA

View Full Version : best ways to keep Tunze power head from coming off its suction cups???????????/

LOUDSYSTEM
08/28/2004, 08:31 AM
im ****ed!!!! I have one of the larger tunze power heads that has the electronic controller so it does 2 different water flow settings and goes back and fourth with them. Well i woke up to a white cloudy tank.. The pump has been in the tank for over a year with an ocasional one suction cup coming off so i just make sure the area is clean and push it back on.. Well the WHOLE bracket came off witht he pump and one of the suction cups is still in the side of the tank... Any ideas on what to use to make all of these suction cups stick but sitll make it removable off the glass???

c. dawg
08/28/2004, 08:54 AM
I have no idea but i am having the same problem with my powerhead lol

mhurley
08/28/2004, 09:06 AM
Let's ask the expert

[moved]

irvin3
08/28/2004, 09:11 AM
i put a large glass cleaning magnet under the power head one on inside one outside. works great.

jango
08/28/2004, 09:21 AM
make sure your glass and the suction cups are very well cleaned if there is any algae on the cups or glass they will eventually come off

rvitko
08/29/2004, 03:08 PM
I would think the cups are just old. All suction cups harden over time and I generally would expect 6-12 months between changes. You need new suction cups. This is the exact reason we quit including suction cups with our pumps and switched to the clamping bracket system.

Dz99ls
08/29/2004, 06:52 PM
i h8 those bracket clamps have to be outside the tank limiting where they can be placed i relly dislike the idea of changing out the cups every year although a cheap alternatice i guess another option i read was permanently affixing thew ph's to mag cleaners via epoxy while this should work well i dont feel like blowing 20 bucks a pop just to mount the darn powerheads a loose loose situation i guess