PDA

View Full Version : Tunze skimmer

yikan
09/03/2004, 12:25 PM
Hi Roger:

This yikan. How are you?

You mentioned to me about a year ago that Tunze was going to have a new part that will make thieir existing skimmers more powerful. Is it a reality now?

I have the Tunze 230/3. It works great. But if there is an upgrade option, it would be nice to know.

Thanks
yikan

rvitko
09/03/2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Yikan,

I have the new venturi. Part number 3130.16. It was decided not to equip the 230/3 with this part because the bubbles are smaller and more numerous and escape the skimmer body. It is not a big issue in a sump and it does increase performance. They are about $9, I can bring one to AquaTek tomorrow if you are interested.

yikan
09/03/2004, 12:55 PM
Yes Roger. Please bring one to Aquatek and leave a note to the store employees. I will be there next week (probably Tuesday) to pick it up.

Thanks a lot
yikan

mmmmsushi
09/10/2004, 08:40 AM
Roger,
Is the new venturi included on all the other models?

rvitko
09/10/2004, 08:44 AM
It comes with Comline skimmers as the larger reaction area and design prevents microbubbles from escaping. It increases air intake by 30% and makes a smaller more consistently sized bubble.

yikan
09/10/2004, 08:46 AM
Got mine from Aquatek. Thanks Roger.

I will put in on when the next skimmer maintenance is due, and I will let y'all how it works.

yikan

yikan
10/03/2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Roger:

I was trying to replace the venturi of my Tunze 230/3 with this new 3130.160 (got it from Aquatek). However I have a couple of questions.

I took some pictures for easier illustration. In pic 1:
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/yikan/skimmer_ABCD.JPG

Parts A, C, and D are the original setup. So I assume I need to replace A with the new B venturi? In pic 2 there is a close up view of them. Pic 2:

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/yikan/skimmer_ABCD_close.jpg

Now my questions are:

1. By comparing A & B, B doesn't have the "hole" in it, Is it right? Does it mean I need to drill a hole myself?

2. By looking at pic 3 here:

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/yikan/skimmer_AB.JPG

They look different inside as well (B has some nozzle-like structure). When I try to fit part B with C and D, they don't fit tightly because the white part (C) is in the way. As a result I don't think I can drill a hole on B to overlay C & D. However If I remove C, then A & D fit pretty well. So my question is, am I supposed to get rid of C with this new B part?

Thanks Roger for the help. If you need more info, please let me know.

yikan

rvitko
10/03/2004, 02:41 PM
You only use B- C is no longer used. Apparently their was a batch that had no hole drilled. I am waiting for replacements and they should come next week. I will get you one.

Acropooper
10/03/2004, 04:35 PM
Hey Roger, could I order a drilled one as well? I drilled the one you gave me, but I misjudged the amound of force needed to drill it and burred the inside edge a bit. Should I send you my credit card info again and all or do you still have it? Also, any updates on when the 9000 skimmers are coming out?

rvitko
10/04/2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, I can take care of it Andrew. I will have to look up to see if I have your info, I usually don't save cc info. The 9000 should come out late this fall. End of November, December

doxyman
10/04/2004, 11:00 AM
Roger,
I have a Reef Pack that is getting close to a yr. old. Does the 3130 I have include this venturi?

Thanks

Acropooper
10/04/2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks Roger. I appreciate the help as always.

rvitko
10/04/2004, 11:05 AM
Doxyman, I am pretty sure it does. The new one is one piece, the old one is two piece. Comline skimmers got this upgrade about 10 months ago.

doxyman
10/04/2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks Roger,
I got the RP around Christmas last year so I was unsure if it included this upgrade. The next time I have it out for cleaning I'll check it out.
Thanks again,
Rob

RedEyeReef
10/04/2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by rvitko
Yes, I can take care of it Andrew. I will have to look up to see if I have your info, I usually don't save cc info. The 9000 should come out late this fall. End of November, December

Any specific info on this 9000?

rvitko
10/04/2004, 07:25 PM
9000 Series, 9010, 9020 and 9030

yikan
10/06/2004, 10:53 PM
Hi Roger:

Thanks. Please let me know when it gets in so I can have a drilled one. I wonder why they have the undrilled batch, as it's very hard to drill this little piece precisely ourselves (well at least me :)).

Also please shoot me a pm and let me know how we can go about it (pick up etc)

yikan

rvitko
10/07/2004, 06:47 AM
I first heard about it from a customer in Norway. I can only think they had a box of drilled ones and a box waiting to be drilled and the lady from the packaging dept took the wrong box. Anyway, we will replace it, it's a simple problem.