PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Streams, wavebox or both?

NeuroLarry
09/03/2004, 02:34 PM
I'm in the process of putting together a 240 tank which will house SPS,softies,and LPS. I do have a couple of closed loops planned which I am going to run with ampmaster 3000. I am trying to figure out whether to fo with the streams, and if so which system( and how long will it take to get?) or the wavebox which really intrigues me. I could do both but suspect it would be over kill. Just wondered what you thought? Thanks If it makes a difference the tank is 60X30X30.

Brewboy74
09/03/2004, 02:44 PM
I think both would be a good idea. The wavebox would move the water nicely but I still think the flow that the streams create is a good idea. The more water that can be moved around our corals the better. It gives them more chances to feed.

NeuroLarry
09/03/2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks, hey brewboy how do you like the ecosystem? I'm trying to make my new setup as normal a biotope and as self sustaining as possible.

Brewboy74
09/03/2004, 07:15 PM
I like it alot so far my system has been set up since April 14th and it seems very stable thus far. I have a 8" RBTA, Blue Tort, and Pink Rimmed Monti Cap in there with some cleaner shrimp and pep shrimp so far. I am going to be adding a comline skimmer later on to help handle the higher bioload I plan on running. The planktonic friendly skimmer will fit in nicely with the ecosystem IMO.

rvitko
09/04/2004, 07:41 AM
Yes, as brewboy said you need both. The wavebox creates a rocking motion that suspends detritus but some source of driectional flow is needed to move the detritus to the filters.