PDA

View Full Version : Metal Hallides

gath2
09/13/2004, 12:32 PM
I currently have a 45g tall with 2 x 250 Metal Hallides with standard magnetic ballast. I am running a Hamilton 20K and a CoralVue 10K. I have them mounted about 15" from the surface, so I get a good spread in the light. I like the current color of the tank and don't notice much difference between one side of the tank and the other. If there is a difference, I don't notice it anymore.

Anyways, I would like to add a Maxi clam to my tank and am considering going with a 65K bulb. I'm worried that this may look funny next to a 20K. I don't want to lose my blue though, so I am thinking about going with a 15K - CoralVue. Obviously, The color of my tank will be different, but it's the difference in color on one side of the tank to the other.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

jasonfrey
09/13/2004, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Coravue has made some changes to there bulbs recently. They now have 10k, 14k and 20K. So going with 14K coralvue is not a bad idea. Or the Hamilton 14K is a nice looking bulb as well. I haven't seen the new coralvue 14k in action yet. We just did get a shipment of them instock though, so new versions are available now for only 59.95.

The clam would like the 65K or even a 10K Ushio or AB bulb, but would look quite a bit different.

thanks