PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Automatic Skimmer 3110/2

cephalopoder
09/23/2004, 09:20 PM
Hi
I am setting up a 25 gallon tank on a 24" aga pine stand. The 25 is drilled for bulkheads and I will use a aga 10 gallon for a sump. The 10 gallon just barely fits in the stand length and width wise. I would like the sump to have 3 compartments. Skimmer compartment with incoming water from the main tank, a refugium in the middle and a return pump compartment in the third section.
I have to use a in sump skimmer that will preform well and will be a no fuss skimmer and not take up much room. I have been reading about the 3110/2 and I think this might be a good choice. I own 3 aquaC skimmers and like the ease of use and their effectiveness. Will the 3110/2 be a set it and forget it skimmer like the remora? Can replacement pumps be bought easily? Will this skimmer be ok with my set up? Would you recommend this skimmer over others in you line for my set up?
Thanks
chris

rvitko
09/24/2004, 08:26 AM
I have sold both when I owned my shop and I think the 3110/2 is smaller, cheaper, quieter and equally effective. You will need to have a provision to have at least 8" of water in a section of the sump and the flow rate cannot be too high. It is pretty much set and forget and the pumps are readily available, I have 4 in stock right now but I have had them here for over a year because I have yet to have anyone need one, the pumps seem very reliable.

cephalopoder
09/24/2004, 09:03 AM
the flow rate cannot be too high.

How much flow would be too high?

rvitko
09/24/2004, 09:08 AM
It is hard to say but on that size tank I wouldn't have more than 300gph. If the sump is really churning the skimmer will not work right.

Tagareef
09/24/2004, 08:15 PM
cephalopoder,

Tried PMing you but your mailbox is full.