PDA

View Full Version : Reef and electricity

Ronald
09/24/2004, 11:50 PM
Hi Anthony I started a thread on the reef discussion forum and wonder about your opinion on this subject and if you think it could be applicable to an aquarium/ propagation setting (a potentially shocking experience I am sure . It has had a lot of media attention lately (just search Google on reef and electricity). Here is the site click here (http://www.globalcoral.org/Biorock%20%20Mineral%20Accretion%20Technology%20for%20Reef%20Restoration.html) Hope you enjoy your trip. Have a good one.

Ron:eek1:

Anthony Calfo
09/29/2004, 10:20 PM
cheers, Ron

we've seen/been watching this technique for some time now. Novel and interesting... although it seems likely challenging to apply to most home/hobby aquaristics.

With all due respect - the majority of aquarists do not even have a fundamental grasp of basic water chemistry. As such... there no way I'm going to be recommending any time soon that the masses of reefers lop off the end of an appliance cord to serve as the conduit between the tank of water and a source of wall current ;) Heehee... well, I may be exaggerating a bit... but you catch my drift.

yes... a very interesting concept for professional aquarists and commercial folks to work out - perhaps one day translated to hobby applications. Or not :)

kindly,

Anthony

Ronald
09/30/2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Anthony,

Frankly I find the current of this discussion entirely shocking and resist any further comments. Perhaps I simply lack the capacity to conduct such an experiment!

Have a good day.

Ron;)

Anthony Calfo
09/30/2004, 01:43 PM
heehee... we (aquarists) have a special kind of warped humor :D I love it :p

Wildcatt88
10/04/2004, 03:52 PM
Anthony,

Weird how this keeps popping up...