PDA

View Full Version : Power Adjustment for the 6000s

DEIGNAN14
09/28/2004, 01:54 PM
Hey guys-

I am currently setting up a 92 corner and have installed dual 6000 streams on either side of the overflow. The tank is just breaking in but I can tell that the strength of these pumps is going to be an issue (sand storms).

I have them cranked all the way down on the multicontroller and its still too powerful...

There is a power adjustment on the driver that seems to tone them down quite a bit...

THe manual says not to adjust these settings and if you do you may void warranty.... The verbage in the manual isnt all that clear....

Do you have any recomendations? Can you explain in "real" english, as opposed to translated german, what will happen if I adjust the drivers??

Thanks so much!
Jason

rvitko
09/28/2004, 02:00 PM
If you adjust both the pumps will not work or may start to behave erratically and damge the drivers or controllers. I would use tide mode so that only one pump is running at a time. I cannot imagine they are to much for a 92 corner. It may take a while and the sand bed may be to new. Keep them clean of sand.

DEIGNAN14
09/28/2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much for the reply.

The sand bed is brand new. I will work with the positioning and programming. Any tips on where to put them? Right now they both face the front bow...Id like to run both of them on pulse mode...

Thanks again,
Jason

rvitko
09/28/2004, 03:08 PM
I would place them 3" below the top aimed to the corners in front