PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator pump problem

agiacosa
09/29/2004, 05:30 AM
Roger,

Setup a new Osmolator on Monday purchased from PA. It worked fine until last night.

The sensors are in the sump with the water discharge going into the tank about 3 to 4 feet higher than the pump.

The problem: The control module indicates low water level but the pump doesn't work. I've tried shaking it, turned it upside down, anything I could think of. It is as if it is not getting power because no noise or vibration comes from it. I tried to play with the pump wire connection to the control module with same result.

As my tank is brand new, I doubt calcium build up could be an issue as it has only been a few days.

Any thoughts?

Brewboy74
09/29/2004, 09:13 AM
This has been brought up enough I feel comfortable answering. You can try taking the sensor out of the tank and washing it with hot water and dish soap. The new plastic has a tendency to be hydrophobic and repel the water, so it senses that the water is below (when its not) the sensor and the yellow light comes on.

HTH, I am sure Roger will get you going if that doesn't work

rvitko
09/29/2004, 09:20 AM
In this case it sounds like the pump. Try touching the wires from the pump directly to the tip of the transformer 9/12V output. One lead to the center one to the outside and see if it comes on. If it works then it is a connection issue. If not, it is the pump.

agiacosa
09/29/2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks. I'll do that tonight when I get home.

agiacosa
10/01/2004, 07:21 AM
Roger,

I tried what you suggested and the pump won't start. It seems to be a pump issue. What can I do?

rvitko
10/01/2004, 07:43 AM
PM me your address ;) I'll just send you a new pump.

agiacosa
10/09/2004, 05:25 AM
Roger,

Thank you. Pump received and everything works fine. Another excellent example of your tremendous customer service.

:thumbsup:

tygger
10/14/2004, 09:51 PM
Impressive.

hwynboy
10/15/2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by tygger
Impressive.

for other vendors yes....for Tunze and Roger Vitko no. Roger has always provided the best in customer service...I dont know how he does it but always prompt, courteous, and helpful. I have met him in person and I know he is genuine and just an all around good guy. That's why I continue to buy their products. Kudos Roger.

rvitko
10/16/2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys, but I screw up once in a while too and you just can't make everyone happy so innevitably I pizz off people once in a while and they aren't all glowing reviews. I live by a simple rule and treat people the way I want to be treated, I don't believe the customer is always right or cling to idiotic salesmans dogma but I believe in just being fair.