PDA

View Full Version : tunze 6060 suddenly stopped working!!!

nilo
10/08/2004, 10:19 PM
i bought a used Tunze 6060 about 4 months ago. the seller told me it was a few months old when i got it. it has worked fine over the last 4 months and was never on a timer or wavemaker. i would only turn it off at least once a week for cleaning. today it suddenly stopped working. i tried cleaning it and soaking in vinegar with no effect. what should i do? does anyone know what could be wrong with it? it's really frustrating. i thought these were supposed to be very reliable products. :( :(

rvitko
10/09/2004, 07:06 PM
When you plug it in does it vibrate, grab the prop and see if it vibrates. check the magnet for cracks, make sure the brakes are in place. I am moving now and won't have shipping and internet service at the new office until wednesday and get disconnected here on Monday. check these things and I'll try to get back to you tomorrow if you post, aFTER THAT I WON'T BE back for a COUPLE DAYS. Sorry, I am using a laptop and the keys are tiooo dsmall.

nilo
10/09/2004, 09:06 PM
thanks roger. i'll do that and let you know tomorrow.

nilo
10/09/2004, 10:22 PM
the body itself does not vibrate. the prop vibrates very mildly. i don't see any cracks anywhere but i don't know where to look for the magnet. i also do not know what you mean by brakes. thanks in advance.

nilo

rvitko
10/10/2004, 08:03 AM
If the prop vibrates the motor coil works. At the back of the manual is a diagram of the drive unit. Their are two brake shoes which connect the shaft to the magnet. With out these the magnet spins but the shaft doesn't. It may also be the lower bearing is stuck to the magnet.

nilo
10/10/2004, 08:49 AM
can you send me a copy of the manual at drniloayuyao @ rcn ..com thanks.

nilo

nilo
10/11/2004, 10:34 PM
thanks for the manual. i checked the drive unit, prop, magnets, and brakes and do not see anything wrong with them. however when i turned on the pump again it doesn't vibrate anymore. anything else i need to do? have i messed it up permanently? thanks for any response and please let me know if there is any place i can send it for repair.

rvitko
10/12/2004, 03:31 PM
Send it to me-

Tunze USA
1304 Monica St
Austin TX 78758

nilo
10/13/2004, 07:25 AM
i will. thank you again.

nilo