PDA

View Full Version : Placement of a 3" Maxima?

Doubledown
10/25/2004, 03:42 PM
Just got a 3" Teardrop and wanted to know the best place for it. I have it on the sandbed now, but am worried that it needs a rock under it to attach to. Is this the case or will it do just fine on the sand only?

Thanks
Chris

derrikd
10/25/2004, 04:07 PM
i would put a flat rock under it.. where you get it from?? have a pic

Doubledown
10/25/2004, 04:24 PM
D -

Got him from Glen @ Advanced Aquatics on Roselle. He's a chocolate chip color - looked sweet under pc lighting, should look even better under the MH.

Sorry, digitally challenged for a camera right now so I don't have any pics.

Can I use a "dead" piece of rock like shale or something? I've seen that for sale as freshwater decoration or shoud I find a piece of marine rock?

Thanks
Chris

derrikd
10/25/2004, 04:44 PM
i think the shale should be ok as long as you know where it came from, that it does not put anything into the tank you do not want, you could get a small peice of LR i think it would look more natural... can i ask what you paid for him, glenn had him in stock?? man i have to stop by there more often. i usally go check that place out once a month or so...
yea he should good under the mh..

Doubledown
10/25/2004, 08:57 PM
He had several other Crocea and a beautiful 4" Squamosa as well.

My fiancee and I were in on Friday and Sunday - figured we should start stocking the tnk with corals and picked up:

Pink w/Green tips Torch
Pulsing Xenia
A Purple w/Green Hammer
Some Green centered Clove Polyps
Brown w/Pink and Green Frogspawn
2 huge Ricordia rock - 11 Blue and 7 Pink
a couple of loose Red Yumas
A sweet Neon Green Bali Sinulara
and the above mentioned Maxima

I think the clam was $79, minus the 10% CMAS discount.

His shipments usually come in on Tuesdays, so by Wednesday everything has a chance to open up.

I'll see you there.
Chris