PDA

View Full Version : Need some input

jond
11/04/2004, 04:26 PM
I have a 128gal. Oceanic RR. Dimensions are 60"X18"X29". I currently have just the return pumps for circulation (two mag 9.5's going to custom returns). I know I need more circulation, bad.

I was originally looking at a controller w/ wavemaking ability to use with like 3 Maxijet 1200's, but I am liking the looks of the Tunze products.

I have rock work that reaches about 1/2 to 3/5 to the top of the tank and only touches my overflow box (oh, ya, double overflow in center back of tank) in the back and does not touch the glass.

What would be better, the wave box or two streams w/ multicontroller, and if so, what size?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

nepuck
11/04/2004, 04:34 PM
I think Roger (Tunze rep.) may be in Germany so he may not repond. But Tunze products are top notch. I would prefer the Streams over 3 Maxijets / wavewmaker. 1 or 2 Tunze's are much less complicated than the Maxijet scene. My experience w/ maxijets are that they need to be disasembled and cleaned regularly. The most compelling argument would be that the Streams would move much more water. Or you could go w/ a closed loop system?

rvitko
11/05/2004, 11:05 AM
The wavebox can really only be seen as an advanced aadjunct to flow and not a complete flow in and of itself, the water only rocks back and forth and this doesn't remove debris or carry out many of the vital reasons for flow. It gets all the water moving and lifts and suspends debris but on it's own it just isn't enough. I would get a 6000 Stream and a wavebo and multicontroller is you wanted the most advanced system but two 6000 stream could also work and would cost less.

jond
11/05/2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the input. So you can control a stream and a wavebox w/ the multi controller?

rvitko
11/07/2004, 12:55 PM
Yes, the wavebox controller has a jumper inside that you set for extern- with multicontroller, synchron- multiple waveboxes on same side, or invers- waveboxes at opposite ends. Extern can only be used for one wavebox on tank below about 320g.