Price: $22.95
Seachem Reef Builder 4 kg
Price: $42.95

Shipping Details: Ground $9.99
Total Tax: $0.00
-------------------
Order total: $121.79

Good Show:
On my order I indicate to let me know if there are any backordered items prior to shipping. Kudos to MD on calling per my request.

Poor Show:
I call to follow-up on the following Monday asking if the backordered item was now in-stock or if they at least had an ETA. With the MD rep not being able to provide any information, I requested that the entire order be cancelled. The MD rep seemed surprised at my request to cancel, but I was further surprised that the rep did not attempt to salvage the sale by offering a different size of the backordered item (note that I was ordering the mammoth sizes of each of the 4 products).

Business must be really good to let a $100.00+ chem order slip by.

I'll be driving down to my LFS this afternoon to pick-up some small bottles to hold me over until they can order me the large ones.

chiapet
12/05/2004, 09:43 PM
Follow-up... It would nice to have my VISA credited at some point in time....

Amount: $98.84 (transaction on 11/27; posted to my account on 11/29)

I already called once to follow-up on it & was told it would be taken care of......

Still waiting...

Daveyboi
12/06/2004, 01:02 AM
Mine is just 25 dollars refund for the next day shipping, which was mistakenly shipped ground. But I haven't seen any credit on my VISA so far. I was promised by Josh and then Ben. It was supposed to be credited in mid November. Does it really take that long to credit back $25 to my VISA??

I seem to be noticing a trend with bad customer service lately???
Come on you guys/gals at MarineDepot, about 60% of my reef stuff came from you guys, give me some faith to continue buying from you.

:D
Dave

chiapet
12/06/2004, 07:00 AM
Daveyboi,
I work for a major financial institution (which shall remain un-named). It does not take long to have an amount credited back to a person's account. A refund should not take more than a couple of days (especially if the item has already cleared the person's account from the original transaction).

If you or I bounced a check to MD....they would be right on top of us to collect.

The other recourse we have as consumers is to file a claim with the financial institution who issued our VISA. From there....they will handle it. Basically we have been charged for goods or services which we did not receive.

It is very unfortunate that it has come to posting items such as this in an effort to get results. For all others seeing this post, keep in mind that a courtesy call was already placed to MD regarding the refund and still no action.

chiapet
12/07/2004, 01:00 PM
Update:
Still no credit on my VISA up to this point... I placed another call to MD and spoke to Joseph who is referring it over to the accounting dept (as a note Joseph did display empathy). I have been told that I should recieve an e-mail response by the end of today.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

greenfroggiespawn
12/07/2004, 07:53 PM
interesting.. tagging.. im gonna ck on the credit and see...

did u guys do online checking ur status? or what is the best way? over phone?

anyhow thanks..

creidt card status that is. :o

chiapet
12/07/2004, 08:09 PM
greenfroggiespawn,
If your bank or credit union has on-line banking...you should be able to mointor your account as transactions are pending &/or posted.

greenfroggiespawn
12/07/2004, 08:22 PM
i see. the thing is its my dads, so i have to ck w/ him...

thanks

chiapet
12/10/2004, 10:54 AM
Final Upate:
12/8...received credit in full.

Thank You