PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Wavebox 48x48x24 Cube Tank Recommendations?

reefsociety101
01/03/2005, 06:34 PM
Hi,

I've been reading and doing as much research as I can about the Tunze Wavebox System and it seems to be a very promising piece of reef technology. Anyhow I am in the processing of building my 48x48x24 reef aquarium and have a couple questions about the use of the wavebox in this size tank.

Would you recommend using the Wavebox in this size aquarium? Will the effects of the wavebox be substantial compared to a longer more retangular system? If it is recommended which model would I be looking for? Where would I be able to purchase the Wavebox and its associated controllers and magnets as I been having a hard time locating them? Any additional advice for setting the the water motion infastructure for a cube SPS based 48 x 48 x 24 using Tunze products? Thank you for your time and the Tunze USA forum so far has been very helpful.

Michael Dorian

rvitko
01/03/2005, 08:57 PM
No one will have these items in stock, we are a small company and we tend to be perpetually behind. I know it sucks but if we were bigger and farmed out production we would loose to much flexibility and creativity and while we are always growing we tend to grow slower than demand. I would expect a 6-8 week wait.

I know the wavebox would work but I am unsure as to the wave height, of course a long narrow tank will make the biggest wave. The 6212 is complete, it comes with the controller and everything. Just keep in mind you need other sources of flow, the back and forth motion is great and lifts detritus but a directional current is required to move that detritus to your filters.

chetm2
01/11/2006, 10:30 PM
Now that the wavebox has been out for a while whats you opinion using it on a 4'x4'x2' tank? Do you think this + 2 streams would be enough flow for a SPS tank? Thanks.