PDA

View Full Version : Starting Picture REference for TBS rock upload your photos and descriptions

Poseidon's Vortex
01/25/2005, 11:25 PM
Hi All

I want to start gathering Individual Species pictures of the TBS rock from all the TBS users..: Basically all the life on the rocks and the animal life that comes with the "package" I want individual shots of your TBS corals, sponges, tunicate, basically all the life on the rocks and all that come with it as critters/ hitchikers.

Im doing this to help Richard with his site by creating an detailed INDEX Page with name and descriptions of each type of life on his rock and critters one can expect to find with the "package" I will make a photo gallery that all users can use as an index of what comes on this rock and how to care for it. Also whether something is considered "good" or "bad" (mr mantis, gorrilla crabs)

The index will be pretty cool. it will utilize thumnails with small titles under each thumnail, then open up into a slide show full size when someone clicks a picture. I can also break them down into categories.. ie, live rock corals, critters, crabs. etc et.etc.

I did this on my own site you can check out how it might look here..on a smaller scale..
http://www.nautilusreef.com/html/photo_gallery.html

What you can do is either post them in here. or e mail them to me or attached to a PM to me. You can e mail photo attachments to me at

nautilusreef@hotmail.com

Please attach them and use WInzip or WinRar to compress multiple files and include a readme TXT index with the numbers and infor corresponding to each picture.. (see below)

350x350 pixel size should be the target size, but not smaller than this so people can see it...perfer good JPG format. If you dont know how to resize images I can fix them. just send them over..

I will only use clear pictures that come in with name/title, descriptions, and any tips for caring for the item in the picture if applicable. Put the infor for each picture in txt file..and send with the pictures. Please number the pictures to coincide with the descriptions! And also do your homework before sending me pictures so I dont have to research YOUR research! ahhaha
thanks!

So to review

1. Pictures are to be 350x350 pixels jpg format clean clear
(please NO frames or text on pictures)

2. Associated txt file with Titles/ Name/Description of what is, and how to care for it. With the TXT file index please number pictures to match descriptions.. ie... 1 picture:sponge-bob txt index... 1. Sponge bob is a blue square pants sponge.. He likes to eat and watch anenomes on tv...)

3. Good and Bad Inhabitants pictures of stuff that is on the rock to get rid of and stuff to keep!

4. REcommend when sending groups of pictures please utilize WINZIP and place all pictures in there along with text descriptions. This is a good way to compress and send many photos at once. Please USE this when E mailing me.

Poseidon's Vortex
01/26/2005, 07:10 PM
bump