PDA

View Full Version : help please

mattglaw
02/10/2005, 08:56 AM
hi roger,

got my 7095 controller with two 6000's a week ago. set them up and everyhting was fine then two nights ago around midnight the alarm goes off. so i get out of bed stumble around instead of turning the power off i press the food timer, not knowing what i pressed just that the alarm stopped. so i go back to bed wake up and find out that the button i pressed was the food timer and that when the pumps came back on no alarm sounding, i just chalked the incident as some freak thing. but last night the same thing happened except this time i pressed the food timer alarm went off then came back on after the food timer went off. this time it sounding like the alarm was a little muffled. and it only happened when it switched over to the pump on the right of my tank. the only thing i have done differently was moved the second pump from the second channel 1 outlet two the channel 2 outlet so i can get a true interval. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

rvitko
02/10/2005, 10:47 AM
The foodtimer tuns the pump off for about 5 minutes so this would stop the alarm momentarily. Seeing as the pumps are new my most likely suspect is that a part came loose in shipping. Please check that the collar referred to as bush bearing in the manual is inserted fully, also check that no debris such as sand has entered the pumps. The other thing to try is pry out the bush bearing with a slotted screwdriver at the slotted indentions, make sure no debris is behind it and reinsert it 180 degrees turned. I think it is probably something simple but if this doesn't fix it let me know and we can try some other things.