PDA

View Full Version : 7094 problem

africangrey
02/15/2005, 12:40 AM
Hi Roger,
My Multicontroller 7094 isn't responding to light senser anymore, the 6100's continue to operate in full power even at nights.
Also the feeding mode doesn't respond anymore either, when I press the red button, the pumps will still be runing. Is there any fix to the problems that I am experienced?
Spencer

rvitko
02/15/2005, 08:35 AM
You might check for any signs saltwater got in their, these parts are right next each other on the board so this would be the most likely culprit of wiping them out and it only takes one drop getting in around the button or on the photocell socket. Sometimes this can be repaired by cleaning with electronics cleaner and reheating solder connections.

If you don't see any salt damage or have no reason to believe that is the case try disconnecting power and waiting a few seconds to reconnect it.

africangrey
02/15/2005, 02:57 PM
Roger,
Yeah I see there is salt accumulating inside, the question is how do I open the unit, I have tried loosening the screws but the box won't budge and I don't want to use any extra force afraid that I may break the board. Thanks. Can I obtain the cleaning solution from Radio Shack?
Spencer

rvitko
02/15/2005, 03:35 PM
To open it you need to pry off the knobs- a helpful hint here is turn them all up all the way before you do so, this way it is easier to reinstall them, just pry up with a slotted screwdriver but because they can be reinstalled 180 degrees off it helps to turn the knobs up all the way before doing so. It will open then and their is one small screw holding the board in place. Be very careful to line up the LED's when reinstalling. Fry's has a better slection and quality of cleaner but Radio Shack stuff will work too, get the solvent, the brush and a can of air.

africangrey
02/18/2005, 10:11 PM
Roger,
I cleaned the eletronic board with the cleaner as you suggested, but the lower left hand side is rusted out pretty bad, is there anyway I can get the board replaced. Didn't know a tiny bit of salt water would do such a damage and how much would that cost.
Thanks,
Spencer

rvitko
02/18/2005, 11:37 PM
I do have one last spare circuit board, I need to look up what they cost.

africangrey
02/20/2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks Roger,
Please let me know ASAP when you have the price info.
Spencer

africangrey
02/22/2005, 12:39 PM
any update and price

rvitko
02/22/2005, 12:42 PM
You should have a PM.