PDA

View Full Version : What would the wavebox look like in a 180 R?

Nemo's Dada
03/05/2005, 06:07 PM
I decided to go with a 180 for my next upgrade and wondered what a wavebox would look like in this tank. Roger indicated that a wavebox on one side and 2 x 7400/2 on the opposite side would be optimal. I'm just concerned about the looks. Does anyone have a picture to share of their wavebox tank?

Should I go with the wavebox and 2 x 7400/2's or go with 2 or 3 6100's? I plan on having two overflow boxes on the back corners.

Thanks.

Bill

rvitko
03/05/2005, 08:14 PM
My recommendation was specific to a customer interested in anemones, it will depend what you are keeping. The wavebox is an adjunct to flow and eliminates dead spots but it does require a directional flow source, which one is determined by what inhabitants you will have.

Nemo's Dada
03/05/2005, 10:30 PM
Roger,

The reason I mentioned your suggestion was that I am interested in anenomes as well. If I didn't have them would two 6100's be a good option? If so, would you suggest that I place them on the side walls?

BTW, this would be a mix tank with some SPS but not a lot.

Thanks.

Bill

rvitko
03/06/2005, 11:39 AM
If you really want anemones than the same recommendation would apply, you will have a smaller area with the higher flow needed by some SPS but the wavebox will get all the detritus lifted and suspended and the pumps will get it moving to the overflows. Unless your focus is SPS I would not get the 6100's. If you drop the anemones or accept the risk to them the 6000's would work.

Nemo's Dada
03/06/2005, 01:14 PM
Thank you very much for the advice Roger! Will 2 x 6000's be sufficient? Should I place them on opposite sides of the tank?

Thanks again.

Bill