PDA

View Full Version : osmolator pumping weak

hawk66
03/06/2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Roger,
I have been using the osmolator for 6 months or so and love it, but the output has become very weak. On 9v almost stopping all together, 12v is stronger but not normal. I assumed it was the pump and replaced it. The new pump seemed to be better, but it to became very weak after several days. I then connected the pump directly to the transformer and the output was strong. Is there anything on the controller itself that I can check?. I am using the osmolater with a kalk reactor and check valve, that has been cleaned in vinegar. The output is weak even if I bypass the reactor and check valve. The top of the reactor is 58" higher than the pump in the resevoir, then a few more inches of head, then directly into the sump. The transformer connection in the bottom of the controller looks clean and the set screw connector between the pump and controller are tight. Any ideas.Thanks

rvitko
03/07/2005, 12:05 PM
Their are a few possibilities, first, the connector may be corroded, if so change it. It may also be that the cable coming from the osmolator is oxidized or damaged, I have seen this where occasionally the wire has black spots when you strip back the insulation, the solution is to replace the wire. It is also possible it is a circuit board problem and the board needs to be replaced, I have seen this on couple of the units made about 16-18 months ago and the pump starts at full power and then throttles down to a stop and this happens on every fill sequence. Try the connector first, if that doesn't work out get in touch with Phil gilbert and have him take care of it.