PDA

View Full Version : Premium Reef Supply RO Questions

emurray
03/15/2005, 09:05 AM
I recently purchased the 50 gpd premium reef supply RO unit from you. I have had it set up for about 2 weeks. I am new to RO filters, so I have some questions:

1. The carbon filter is developing some brown/rust coloration on it... Is this normal? I can also slightly see this on the sediment filter, just not as bad.

2. Is there a DI unit that I can purchase to add to this?

Thanks,
Eric

jasonfrey
03/15/2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Eric,

Yes, that is normal to get some dirt on the outside of the filter and even when they look dirty on the outside, they are still filtering because it goes outside through the inside, so no need to change until its' dirty all the way through, or at least half way. I usually figure about 4-5 months on sediment and 6 months on the carbon. You can keep the carbon more clean as well by going to a .5 micron sediment filter next time. That will get more dirt before it gets to your carbon, but you might loose a little overall flow going with .5.

On the DI, we do have a DI add on canister including the DI resin for 59.95, here is a link
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=SP-DI-CONV&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

thanks