PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 3115/4 skimmer

RobbanSweden
03/20/2005, 03:18 AM
I live in Sweden and discovered this board when I was cruising around on the www...so I try to get some help here

I have baught a Tunze 3115/4 skimmer, it's a "second-hand" shopping. I have one concern about it. I'm not sure if something is missing in it.

The thing I'm concerned about is the compartment under the pump head, there the water is sucked into the pump. I have made a drawing attached to this message.

I have marked the area I wondering about with a red circle. My spontaneous thought is that a major part of the water that the pump suck will be drawn from the right side on the picture. Like a re-circulation inside the enclosure.

Is it suppose to be a big opening at the location of the red circle? Or do my skimmer miss a part, e.g. a separation wall or similar?

Maybe I am totaly wrong. A small amount of re-circulation might increase the efficency of the skimmer...but not to much I belive.

Appreciate all comments...

/Robert

rvitko
03/20/2005, 07:10 PM
The skimmer is 100% recirculating. This is how it is safe for plankton because waste enters only by osmosis.

RobbanSweden
03/21/2005, 01:46 AM
Ok, thank you for you help!

Regards,
/Robert