PDA

View Full Version : Spare Osmolator Pump?

sjj729
03/22/2005, 08:02 PM
Roger,

I recently purchased a Tunze Osmolator and really like it. I plan on having it dose kalk. water so I don't anticipate getting more than a year our of the pump. Who do I order a spare pump from? Can I order it from you or do I have to go through a retailer?

Thanks,

Jeff

rvitko
03/23/2005, 10:54 AM
I am out, but should be restocked in a weekor two. Marine Depot usually stocks them and I just sent them the last of what I had on Monday.

vanbeezy
03/25/2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but Im thinking about getting a Tunze Osmolator as well. And I was just wondering what about kalk/water dosing causes it to not last more than a year?

owsi
03/25/2005, 08:07 PM
Kalk never goes through pump, my 3155 has been up for 1 1/2 years, only replaced check valve so far. I bought a spare pump from MD also for back up, they are cheap, about $20 if I remember right. Great unit. John

sjj729
03/25/2005, 09:03 PM
I believe I have heard on this board that running kalk water thru this pump voids the warranty and reduces the expected life expectancy. I think it is just the extra wear the kalk water puts on the pump. But these pumps aren't all that expensive so I don't mind throwing a new pump on the unit every year. I have had the unit set up for about a month now and really like it.

owsi
03/25/2005, 09:41 PM
Get the Tunze 5074 Kalk chamber and only RO goes thru pump

rvitko
03/28/2005, 05:31 PM
vanbeezy, the pump is a very basic bilge pump with a 9V DC motor much like one you would buy at rdio shack in a waterproofed housing with a seal for the motor shaft to go threw. Kalk has a pH of 11 and is highly corrosive, it destroys the seal, the motor gets wet and game over.