PDA

View Full Version : wavebox flow?

reefsrus
03/31/2005, 12:36 PM
When i tried out my wavebox last night. I turned it on for a min, w/o the controller plugged in. The current on the pump only felt like a 6060, no where near how strong my 6100 felt. I thought that the 6212 pushed out the same gph as a 6200. Am i wrong?

Btw, i did make sure the driver was on 100%, and i did get a descent wave action for a 4ft tank. But curious about my above question.

Sorry, for a such an odd question...

rvitko
03/31/2005, 12:46 PM
Don't run the wavebox without the controller, it can destroy the pump. The pump is a 6200 with a 6100 transformer, the flow is limited slightly by the box. A 6200 prop can use more current than a 6100 transformer can provide if even slightly impeded. In it's normal off and on function it never needs full power. The flow is more diffuse and will feel different, the outlet is bigger and as I said the flow is restricted by the box, it was never meant for continuous use, it was built to rapidly turn off and on.

reefsrus
03/31/2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks

I remember reading in another instruction manual, its bad on the pump to turn it off and on with the controller plugged in, is this true? Is the wavebox any different, or should i always turn on the pump with the controller plugged in?