PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone purchased this Refugium from e-bay vendor?....

dymaxiun
04/11/2005, 07:22 PM
Looks like a great deal.. almost too good to be true.

He has great feedback so i would assume it is ok...

Preferably pictures of it installed would be great, or pics of assembly...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3212&item=4362405039

swashbuckler
04/11/2005, 07:26 PM
linky no worky for me.

goatman
04/11/2005, 07:50 PM
me neither

dymaxiun
04/11/2005, 07:59 PM
updated link.....

bklynmet
04/11/2005, 09:32 PM
i'm a little concerned with the quantity of negative and neutral comments - especially in the last 6 months - may be too good to be true for price (i believe you have to build it yourself based on the feedback I read) and it totally depends at how much skill/patience/tools you have.

parliament28
04/11/2005, 09:35 PM
I've read some reviews of this vendor in the past on RC, as I recall you get a bunch of cut acrylic and some PVC, most seemed pretty upset when they received it.

Radar1
04/15/2005, 08:48 AM
The auction say's assembly required. I always ask sellers a lot of questions before I buy something that seams too good to be true. If you’re not sure don’t get it. If you change your mind later it will probably be available again.

john76
04/15/2005, 09:26 AM
You'll be doing the acrylic gluing yourself...... if you screw up you're out of luck.

Radar1
04/15/2005, 09:50 AM
Not to change the subject but I'm thinking of trying to make a mini skimmer for my 5 gallon Nano and not sure what product to use to bond the acrylic.

Any suggestions. Is there something I can get thats safe and works at H.D.

Cysero
04/15/2005, 11:18 AM
I order form this guy. I was very diaapointed and left a neutral ( mind you not a negative) feed back. He then turned around and left me negative feedback stating that he was sorry that I had a negative experience with him. He then proceeded to send emails that were very unprofessional. Anyways BEWARE not really worth it I ran across better deals for a little more money.

Psyire
04/15/2005, 02:45 PM
don't bid

dougc
04/15/2005, 03:15 PM
The acrylic on mine was pretty thin and supposed bulkheads were nothing more than PVC pipe. He will also try to coerce positive feedback from you.

I think ebay needs to change the way they do feedback. Nobody should be able to see feedback until both buyer and seller have given feedback (or until some reasonable time period has elapsed). It might raise the honesty level. The way it works now, posting negative feedback is guaranteed to provoke a negative response. The desire to maintain a high level of positive feedback forces people to grit their teeth and post positive feedback even when it is not warranted.

edwar050
04/15/2005, 06:59 PM
I agree feedback is very misleading if you dont know what to look for. Alot of vendors on ebay get great feedback and then all of a sudden its like they take the money and run. Has anybody else noticed this?

lpm141
05/25/2005, 04:33 PM
Dougc,

I can not agree more with you! I bought some live rock from Ocean Pro (reefsupplies) and I left them a neutral for slow shipping ... and it was all true and they hammered me with a negative and stated that they had to use Ebay collections to collect. I tryed to be just honest and I got a complete lie in return. Ebay needs to change!

Maker
05/26/2005, 01:42 AM
FYI,

I purchased a 24" fuge from this guy. I was sorely disappointed when I opened the box and a bunch of pieces fell out. I was expecting some assembly but I was thinking the bulkheads and whatnot. Instead you assemble from ground up. I have finally put it together but it is not the best. I ended up buying a true 1" bulkhead for the return and it sort of works okay. Will soon be replacing it with a true sump.

He was 'interesting' to deal with via email. I agree with Cysero on his odd coercive tactics. I would never purchase another product from this guy.

Maker

phlipper84
05/26/2005, 06:07 AM
ok...maybe I need to ask since I was watching this guys auction....Has anyone found a sump/refugium on ebay that was good?

xclan
09/21/2006, 05:19 PM
I had the worst experience from these people. William Heil is the guy running this outfit and he is very rude and the product was horrible.

drives300
09/21/2006, 05:33 PM
I purchased one too. He cuts short one of the pieces. The refugium had to go together with one side slanted. When i told him I wanted a new piece he told me it is a sump and not seen and to go get some sleep or something like that. He is very sarcastic in his replys. DO NOT purchase from usa_aquarium . His name I believe is Bill Heil. If you do choose to buy from him do not give feedback until he gives you yours. Not the number of withdrawn feedbacks he has. He offered to replace my plastic only if I withdrew neg feedback.. When I didnt he gave me negative.

reeferjunkie
09/24/2006, 10:29 AM
i was considering buying a fuge from this seller....thanks for all the info and personal experiences. i guess those prices are just to good to be true.