PDA

View Full Version : Aquanotes and XP home

reefkeeps
04/12/2005, 08:35 PM
Can you use aquanotes with any onther webserver other than IIS? Apache or like? I have XP home thus no way of running IIS.

clp
04/12/2005, 09:18 PM
No, AquaNotes use .asp code for the web pages, so IIS or the personal web server is required.

Curt

reefkeeps
04/13/2005, 09:17 PM
Another thread indicated that aqua notes was not needed to have the 3vpro version serve to a web site... Is that correct?

clp
04/14/2005, 09:44 AM
The AquaController 3 Pro has a built-in webserver so no other software is required to for it to serve web pages. Just plug the 3 Pro into your loical Ethernet network, set the ip configuration, and you've got a webserver that is accessible locally or through the Internet (assuming you have internet connectivity).

Curt

reefkeeps
04/14/2005, 06:22 PM
Good news!

Ok, I have that peice up and running, I want to beable to hit it by linking it to my website, how do I route the traffic back, I assume I need to do some type of port forwarding. Any help would great..

Also, how do I connect to the unit from Aquanotes, please don't tell me it can't be done with out a serial cable! I don't see an option to select the IP to connect to from the aquanotes product.

Member No. 1
04/14/2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by reefkeeps
Good news!

Ok, I have that peice up and running, I want to beable to hit it by linking it to my website, how do I route the traffic back, I assume I need to do some type of port forwarding. Any help would great..

Also, how do I connect to the unit from Aquanotes, please don't tell me it can't be done with out a serial cable! I don't see an option to select the IP to connect to from the aquanotes product. If it's the AquaPro3 then it will run via a cat5 or cat6
thru your router. That's how mine works. Now I just need to be able to see it from work.

reefkeeps
04/14/2005, 08:37 PM
So you are connecting using aquanotes via the cat5 ? Or are you connecting via the web browser, I have the browser working.

Member No. 1
04/14/2005, 08:51 PM
Yes, The AC3 Pro has Ethernet capabilities. It is hooked into my Linksys Router via a cat5 cable. I can either see the controller with IE or I can run AquaNotes and do the logging, graphing, and control the AC3. Contact Curt as far as AN goes. You will need to be a registered user.

clp
04/14/2005, 10:38 PM
AquaNotes version 3.1 supports the 3 Pro, and can communicate with it either through Ethernet or the serial port. If you have an older version of AquaNotes 3.0, then you can upgrade to 3.1 for free. Please send an email to support@neptunesys.com with your 12 digit registration id and we'll send you instructions on how to download version 3.1.

Curt