PDA

View Full Version : Feed Timer

tonga_man
04/22/2005, 04:13 PM
Ijust got my 7905 and have a question. With my 7904 i was able to solder a relay across the contacts of the feed buton that i could trigger with my aquacontroller to initiate a feed cycle automatically. This allowed me to automate pump shut downs by X10. Can I do the same thing with the 7905? I can use my DVM to see what contacts are made when you depress the mylar. I'm worried that I may miss something. Is there any way to get a schematics of the feed circuiet (sp)? I realize that this would void my warranty but I am willing to assume responsibilty if I can get some direction.

Thanks,

rvitko
04/22/2005, 07:21 PM
I have no idea how to do this. I am sorry, I have seen the 7095 board and it looks like a modern computer board and everything is surface mount, I expect it would be difficult to work on.

tonga_man
04/23/2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the reply... I did look at the board and you are right - every thing is SM. I guess I'll have to do some probing. Just need to figure out if it's voltage or continuity triggered.

Thanks again.

rvitko
04/23/2005, 10:22 AM
My understanding is when you push the foodtimer button you charge a capacitor (2 on the 7094, I believe they were 10 microfarrad) the capacitor discharges over 5 minutes and once discharged the pumps restart. On the 7095 I am not sure exactly but I am sure the concept is similar.