PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Weight

SoonerFan732
05/01/2005, 02:49 PM
What is the shipping weight of the 75 gallon "package"? (part 1 weighs? part 2 weighs?)

Trying to figure about what Air Freight is going to run to Oklahoma City, OK airport.

Thanks!

krajacich
05/01/2005, 09:22 PM
I got a 70 gallon package. The first half weighed 256 lbs. I haven't received part two but apparently part 2 weighs a bit less.

SoonerFan732
05/02/2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks! Did you use Air Freight shipping? About how much was it anyway?

thanks!

krajacich
05/02/2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by SoonerFan732
Thanks! Did you use Air Freight shipping? About how much was it anyway?

thanks!

Mine was shipped on Northwest Airlines, which is unfortunately the only airline shipping option here in Billings, MT. I say unfortunately because it seems the Northwest is the most expensive. If you can use Southwest do, they seem to be much cheaper. My shipping was $183..pretty expensive, but totally worth it...the rock is amazing! Can't wait for part two :)

If you check out the TBS website, under ordering they have shipping information and some customer examples of shipping weights and prices.

SoonerFan732
05/02/2005, 08:16 AM
Do you happen to have any pictures of what you have received so far from TBS? I have seen the ones shown under "testimonals" on the TBS website and a couple of threads on here. Just wondering how typical those results are for other people.

Thanks!

krajacich
05/02/2005, 07:10 PM
Here's a full tank shot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/krajacich/100_1005.jpg

I posted a few others on the "Our TBS" thread

SoonerFan732
05/02/2005, 08:36 PM
Nice tank...

How long has it been since you received the 1st part of your package? When do you plan on getting the 2nd part? Is there a long delay after ordering before they can send it to you?

Is that an Current USA Orbit light on your tank? What model is it? How is it working out for you? I have a Orbit 65Wx4 that I am going to use on my 75 gallon setup.

Are you happy with the TBS package so far?

Thanks!

krajacich
05/02/2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SoonerFan732
Nice tank...

How long has it been since you received the 1st part of your package? When do you plan on getting the 2nd part? Is there a long delay after ordering before they can send it to you?

Is that an Current USA Orbit light on your tank? What model is it? How is it working out for you? I have a Orbit 65Wx4 that I am going to use on my 75 gallon setup.

Are you happy with the TBS package so far?

Thanks!

I received part one February 25th. I got on the wait list for part two in the end of March. I was unable to take a shipment a couple of weeks ago because of a death in the family so I'm still waiting. TBS has been having really bad diving weather lately. Hopefully when summer really gets here they'll have a shorter wait list.

The light is a Current orbit. It's the 4 X 65W with the moonlights. I like it but will probably upgrade to MH eventually...although don't tell my husband...much better to ease him into the reef world slowly :)

I've very happy with the TBS package. I have a bunch of colorful sponges, fun bivalves, tons of little brittle stars, and lots of macro-algae. I can't wait for the second half, I'm in great need of a clean-up crew. I'm also getting anxious to get a couple of clownfish into a quarantine but I wanted to wait until I get my second half before I set-up the second half.

SoonerFan732
05/03/2005, 07:05 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me...

Thanks for your help...

Kevin