PDA

View Full Version : AquaNotes 3.10 install fails with Path/File access error

pclausen
05/03/2005, 09:39 PM
Machine is running XP Pro and the run command that I use is:

z:\setup\setup.exe

z: is a mapped network CD ROM since the local machine doesn't have a CD ROM drive.

Also, I'm remote desktopping into the target machine from the machine on which I'm sharing a CD ROM drive.

Everything appears to install fine until I get to like 99% done, and then I get the error.:

Unexpected Error Path/File access error

Regardless of what I press next, I get the message that AquaNotes installed sucessfully.

However, when I launch the program, I get a runtime error 429 (Active X component can't create object) within a minute or so, and the program exits.

I don't really want to go through the trouble of pulling the server from the rack and temporarily install a CD ROM drive locally. Is there any other way to get around this error?

(btw, other programs install just fine using the above method)

North Bay 101
05/04/2005, 12:02 AM
When I have received that error, I just reinstall overtop of the installed version. On the next pass it has gone through and I haven't received any error messages.

pclausen
05/04/2005, 06:31 AM
Thanks NB, I'll give that a shot. I uninstalled and tried re-installing and ended up getting the same error.

clp
05/04/2005, 09:52 AM
We support AquaNotes through email [email protected] or the phone (408) 578-3022. Please include in your email, the 12 digit authorization code for your copy of AquaNotes, windows version, and the version of AquaNotes.

Curt

pclausen
05/04/2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks Curt. Just submitted an email (with the 12 digit code).

I didn't "find" this software on the net somewhere in case that is a concern. I picked it up from Marine Depot.

clp
05/04/2005, 10:49 AM
I didn't mean to imply that you have a bootleg copy of the software. I received your email and you do indeed have a legit copy of AquaNotes.
Unfortunately, I estimate about half of the copies of AquaNotes being used are from piracy. If these people choose to steal the software, then I will not waste my time supporting them.

Curt

pclausen
05/04/2005, 11:01 AM
I hear you Curt. Sounds like software piracy is rampant even in the reef hobby. :sad1:

Joboo
05/04/2005, 12:24 PM