PDA

View Full Version : Pager delay not working

dougc
06/01/2005, 11:28 AM
I have a modem connected directly to my AquaController II and it is set up to page me in the event of an alarm condition. I have the repaging delay set to 60 minutes. When an alarm condition exists, the AquaController pages me continuously until the alarm condition clears. I am wondering whether I have a logic problem in my programming that is causing the alarm to set and clear every cycle, bypassing the configured delay.

This is a snippet of my code:

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If Temp > RT+1.4 Then ALM ON ; Set off alarms
If Temp < RT+-1.4 Then ALM ON
If pH < 7.80 Then ALM ON
If pH > 8.60 Then ALM ON
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ALM ON

I am suspicious of the first line of code. Is there a better way to reset the alarm?

clp
06/01/2005, 12:23 PM
There is something that is causing the alarm condition to be shut off for a second and then it turns back on. Maybe the temp, switch, or pH is changing? You should be able to see the icon on the run display toggling on/off. You could also add a:

Max Change 060 M Then ALM OFF

which would keep the alarm off for 60 minutes before it was allowed to turn back on.

Curt

AcroSteve
06/11/2005, 05:05 PM
When you send a page, do you send any text with it? Do you have an actual pager, or a cell phone?

dougc
06/13/2005, 11:06 AM
Adding the Max Change 060 M Then ALM OFF solved the rapid-fire paging. I'm not sure why it was toggling on and off, but it doesn't much matter. More importantly, I eliminated the ballast-induced spurious alarms at 9:30 AM, 9:45 AM, and 10 AM by putting a Radio Shack torroid choke on the temperature probe lead and the power wire. The temperature reading was briefly dropping a full degree each time a ballast fired up.

When you send a page, do you send any text with it? Do you have an actual pager, or a cell phone?

The page gets sent to www.numericpage.com ($20/year), where it gets forwarded as a text message to my cell phone. There are a few tricks to setting it up, but I know of two other people who have done the same. The message, which is generated by the AquaController, is numeric and includes the serial number, temperature, pH, ORP, power state, and switched input state. Because it is all numeric, it can be sent directly to a numeric-only pager.