PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a 6100 with my neptune aqua controller

REEF-DADDY
06/15/2005, 04:35 PM
I need to add more random flow in my tank and would like to add a 6100. I already run an Aqua Controller. Can I run the 6100 off my aqua controller in random cycles?

rvitko
06/16/2005, 09:07 AM
You could turn it off and on once an hour but you lose most of the functions like foodtimer, and speed control so I would just get a single controller.

REEF-DADDY
06/16/2005, 09:28 AM
I hear what your saying, I just hate adding more equipment. Please excuse my ignorance but how come only once per hour?

rvitko
06/16/2005, 11:57 AM
The mechanical brake system can be destroyed by very frequent on and off use. Being prop based it has to spin the right way to work so a brake system is necessary to stop a backwards rotation. With the controllers this is overcome (the multicontroller can stop them once a second) by a start at 10% power before jumping to 100%. The electronics also aid start up but the brakes do get called on on occasion and need sufficient time to retract.

REEF-DADDY
06/16/2005, 12:22 PM
I see!

Acroholic
06/18/2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by rvitko
You could turn it off and on once an hour but you lose most of the functions like foodtimer, and speed control so I would just get a single controller.

Hey Steve,
Im not sure what AquaController you have, but mine has a feed Interval function to stop devices like my streams for set amount of time for a feed cycle. The only thing the AquaController can't do is operate the Tunze with variable speed. But I do follow the 1hr. on/off time for my streams cycling.