PDA

View Full Version : AQI-Ozone not shutting off at set level

wfgworks
06/19/2005, 08:07 PM
My AQI was shutting off my Ozone when it hit 375 until about 2 days ago.

What can be causing it to suddenly stop shutting off?

I checked the commands and nothing has changed.

clp
06/20/2005, 10:10 AM
I assume that you are using X10 to control devices. If so follow these instruction for troubleshooting X10 problems:

- Make sure that the control interface is plugged into the AquaController with a 4 conductor telephone cord. The light should blink off when commands are sent out, but otherwise will be on.
- Make sure that the control modules x10 addresses match the configuration of the AquaController. The default AquaController program is listed in the back of the manual.
- The control interface and control modules should plug into the same circuit. If not, you may need to install a signal bridge.
- Do no use power strips with active surge suppression as they can attenuate the x10 signal. Use inexpensive powerstrips.
- With the AquaController try to turn on and off the control modules. Go to Control & Status -> Manual Control. Select the device you are having trouble with and repeatedly turn it on and off. Note that commands are only sent out when you press the select button.
- If you have added any new equipment to your tank, turn it off, and then repeat the Manual control test.
- Try switching to an unused X10 address on the control module and in the AquaController’s configuration.
- Try swapping the control module with a known good one and see if the problem persists.
- Try power cycling the AquaController. Remove the 9V battery and unplug the AC adapter at the same time.
- If nothing is working try shutting off all appliances around your tank, and then try the manual on/off test. If something is causing X10 interference around your tank, it is likely an electronic ballast.

Curt

wfgworks
06/20/2005, 04:56 PM
Curt

This is the power strip I'm using. Could this be my problem?

[Belkin
Belkin SurgeMaster, 6 Outlet, 15ft. Cord with AC Blocks
Model F9D1000-15-DP

Simply switching your workshop tools on and off can create electrical imbalances that cause cumulative, permanent damage to your valuable equipment. The Belkin SurgeMaster, with over 38 million units protecting homes worldwide, is your premiere solution for clean,safe power and the industry's best in construction, ratings and safety standards. This Metal Unit provides a Heavy-Duty 15'ft power cord, it also includes a Surge Protection Indicator, It has a power switch and a Imapct-Resistant Metal Case. Lifetime Warranty.

• 15ft Cord
• Lifetime Warranty
• 10 Outlets
• $25,000 Connected Equipment Warranty

clp
06/20/2005, 05:01 PM
It very well could be. Plug the control interface and module into a different power strip and see if the problem goes away.

wfgworks
06/20/2005, 05:03 PM
Curt

I dont have the Control interface plugged into the power strip. Its pluged into the wall outlet where the power strip is plugged into.

Should it not be done this way?

Should I have the Control interface into the power strip?

clp
06/20/2005, 05:34 PM
The X10 signal will probably not propogate through that power strip. So I'd plug both the control module and interface into the same non-active noise suppression power strip.

Curt

wfgworks
06/20/2005, 06:03 PM
Curt

Plugged the Control interface into the power strip and problem solved....For Now. Also, by plugging the control interface into the power strip, it can still allow me to control my chiller which is plugged into the wall an not the power strip.

Is it easier to send a signal out of a power strip instead of sending it into one?

clp
06/21/2005, 09:20 AM
I doubt there is much difference. I recommend that you get a power strip without active noise suppression or the problem is going to come back.

Curt

wfgworks
06/21/2005, 09:39 AM
I just thought it was werid when I moved the Control Inteface to the power strip I was able to manually turn eveything on/off as to when it was in the wall I wasnt able to turn the Ozone on/off.

wfgworks
06/24/2005, 10:28 AM
Curt

Do the DC4 & DC8 eliminate the use of X10 modules and the control interface?

Are online dealers carrying the DC8 model yet?

I was thinking about doing away with the X10s and just getting (1) DC8 and (1) DC4.

clp
06/24/2005, 12:43 PM
Yes, if you use the DC4/DC8 you do NOT need X10 modules or the control interface.
We are having a bit of trouble keeping up with the demand on the DC8s. They will be shipping to retailers next week.

Curt