PDA

View Full Version : Crocea question

Daddeo
06/26/2005, 12:07 AM
I recently purchased a crocea clam and it has done wonderful. There is one small problem and i would like to get an opinion on it. I can place it in the substrate and it seems happy but if I put it on a peice of flat rock it "jumps" off. I read that crocea's like rock, why would mine jump off?

d4a2n0k
06/26/2005, 08:40 AM
Try taking that same flat rock and bury it in the sand. Leave just the top of the rock showing. Then put the clam on the rock and it should attach itself. It cant jump off and do possible damage to itself.

Daddeo
07/02/2005, 11:00 PM
I have tried that and it still wants to jump off. It has kinda' settled down for the last few days but time will tell.

spoon671
07/05/2005, 03:33 PM
Bury the rock all the way under the sand. Then GENTLY work the clam into the substrate until you feel the foot meet the rock. As a matter of fact, scratch that. DO NOT risk damaging the foot of the clam. The foot is all the clam has, literally.

Bury the rock all the way under the sand. Move some sand away from the rock so you can GENTLY place the clam on top of the rock. Once this is done move some sand back towards the foot of the clam until the sand can hold the clam upright, or in any position you wish. Within a few hours the clam should calm down and reattach.

My clams both used to "clamp" closed very frequently. They do this when they are uncomfortable I am assuming.