PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Junior Group Buy for Reef Central Members

Pages : [1] 2

jasonfrey
06/30/2005, 09:33 AM
We are offering The base price of $139.95 on the Neptune Junior plus temp probe. If you want any probes, back light or control options, use the pull down options. This is for Reef Central members and we must have a total of 7 orders before we start shipping. So we'll hold the orders until minimum is met. From the inquires we have received, this will not be a very long wait.

**NOTE**You'll notice a DC8 option. It's a better price then the current DC4's. It's not available yet though, it could be 2-6 weeks before they are ready to ship. If you choose that option, we'll ship you the controller and backorder the DC8 and ship when it comes in. Everything else is in stock.

You must use this link to order. We can't accept phone calls due to the lower profit margin. If you are uncomfortable about using your credit card online, submit the order without your number and we'll call you for it.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=C-NEP-ACJR&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

Enjoy, thanks

bigdee65
06/30/2005, 12:15 PM
Hi Jason,

I am very interested in ordering one of these units but I would like to get it with 2 DC8's. Is that possible? I am planning on putting each DC8 on its own circuit and I don't think I have anything over 6 amps so I don't think I need a DC4 (orginally I was going to get a DC4 and a DC8, but I think 2 DC8's will give me more flexiblity).

Please let me know how I would go about ordering a unit this way.

Thanks!

bigdee65
06/30/2005, 12:43 PM
I was just checking the Neptune web site and it states that the Aquacontroller JR can only have 12 controllers. So if I get the 2 DC8's I wont be able to control 6 of the ports? If this is true will the ports still be functional (ie be on all the time)? If that is the case then the 2 DC8's are fine because I was going to have 4 or 5 ports that were always on.

Jason, will you be able to answer this for me or should I move this question over to the Neptune section?

Thanks again and sorry for being a pain.

CaptainDave
06/30/2005, 12:56 PM
thanks so much for putting this together - it's an awesome deal! any idea on how long you'll be running this? until a certain date or number of units ordered?

jasonfrey
06/30/2005, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can run 2 DC8's since it goes over the max amount of controllable ports. That would be a neptune support question, but unfortunately they are closed for a few weeks right now. So we wouldn't be able to find out until then.

On the sale, we'll run it for about a week or until stock runs out. We have a pretty decent supply, but unsure of the demand too.

thanks

prop-frags
06/30/2005, 07:23 PM
Sent my order in today!
Thanks for the awesome deal!!!
:thumbsup:

bigdee65
06/30/2005, 09:41 PM
Hey Jason - Thanks for the response. I posted my question over on the Neptune forum and it turns out that the AC JR can only control 12 ports so the remaining 4 would be dead. So it looks like I am going to need to go with the DC8 and DC4. Is this possible to order through the group buy? The drop down only lets me choose one or the other. I am planning on getting the backlit display and the lab grade probe as well.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeremy B.
06/30/2005, 09:49 PM
You can use 2 X DC8's on the JR giving you a total of 16 outlets. However, only 12 will actually be controllable. The other four would be dead. A way to get around this is program the other four channels as being always on, then switch them away to control the other channels. You then would be able to use them as just regular plug-ins, however if the power would go out at your house you would have to go back and reprogram them again.

bigdee65
07/01/2005, 05:05 AM
Thanks for that info Jeremy - looking at the load on my tank I think I decided to go with the DC4 and the DC8 and just get a decent power strip for the stuff that always needs to be on. I just don't want to take the chance of not having the main stuff that runs all the time (skimmer, return pump, Tunze) not go back on by itself in case of a power outage.

dt34
07/01/2005, 12:21 PM
Ordered mine yesterday, thanks for the great deal PA

Dustin

bigdee65
07/01/2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bigdee65
It looks like I am going to need to go with the DC8 and DC4. Is this possible to order through the group buy? The drop down only lets me choose one or the other. I am planning on getting the backlit display and the lab grade probe as well.

Hey guys - I really wanted to try and get my order in today for the AC JR and the stuff listed above. Any idea how I should go about ordering the package with the DC8 and the DC4?

Thanks in advance.

dgasmd
07/01/2005, 02:50 PM
God, wished this was a powerbuy extended to somehow to all aquacontrollers. I would be ordering my AC2 right now.

lcdd
07/01/2005, 05:50 PM
I agree with dgasmd, would be great if we could change the controllers. I would love a deal for the IIPro and even the III. For what it's worth I just got the AC Jr. direct from Neptune. This is such a great deal I may get another!

Thanks for putting together this deal in reponse to the members.

Ochi
07/01/2005, 08:59 PM
How long will this deal last for?

jasonfrey
07/02/2005, 09:24 AM
Hi,

The special is good for 1 week or until we run out of inventory!! We'll do some numbers on the ACIII's and PRO, maybe after this special we can do something on those.

thanks

dgasmd
07/02/2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jasonfrey
We'll do some numbers on the ACIII's and PRO, maybe after this special we can do something on those.

thanks

That would be awesome. :D :D

lcdd
07/02/2005, 03:53 PM
Great news! I can't wait to see it what it's going to be. This is why I always buy from PA. Awesome response and customer service. oops, gotta go before the wife sees what i'm doing and hides the credit cards.:D

scarletknight06
07/04/2005, 09:08 PM
oh man i might have to order one of these

MK Reefer
07/05/2005, 11:02 AM
If I order the DC8 can you ship it all together when they come in?

So with the DC 8 I could control 8 different devices? which means I can stagger my lights?

Mike

scarletknight06
07/05/2005, 11:57 AM
just ordered mine with the dc-8. hope it comes in soon

laverda
07/05/2005, 08:54 PM
Can I just order 2 DC8s?

jasonfrey
07/06/2005, 09:21 AM
Hi,

We can sell DC8's only, but not at the package price. Neptune has a huge savings with the junior and DC8. DC8 is even almost twice the price when the other controller packages. They are just really wanting to get there Junior out there in the market.

Just a heads up, we sold out of the Backlight junior, but we have some non backlights left. Thanks to everyone that bought one from us, the group buy when great. Soon as our AC2's arrive, we'll put together a group buy on those.

thanks

dgasmd
07/06/2005, 11:05 AM
Soon as our AC2's arrive, we'll put together a group buy on those.

thanks

Awesome! Will that new group buy be for the AC2 only or will it also cover the AC2Pro and the AC3PRO as well?

jasonfrey
07/06/2005, 01:08 PM
Hi,

The new one would be for the AC2's, we ordered a big batch of those and are expecting them next week. We are out of AC2pro, we do have AC3PRO in stock, but not enough to do a group buy, but anyone interested in AC3PRO send us an email sales@premiumaquatics.com for a special deal on those.

thanks

prance1520
07/06/2005, 01:35 PM
Hey Jason,
Just put in my order for the AC jr and the DC8 package. Great deal. Was just posting to see if you had any word on how long the DC8 was going to be. I know Neptune is closed for July and my roommate has been calling you every day to see if you get them in or not. If its not going to be until August then no biggie, but I'm itching for it. Thanks again for your great business.

Matt

EnFuego
07/06/2005, 10:22 PM
awesome deal...waiting on the ac2 groupbuy though. Thanks for doing this.

-Mark

Detritivore
07/06/2005, 10:39 PM
hi jason,

how many more do you have in stock? i will call you tommorrow regarding shipping policies (i cant find it on your website)

thanks

cfishrun
07/07/2005, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to thank you guys at PA for doing such a great job. I ordered my AC Jr. last night and cant wait for it to come.

Detritivore, check out their company profile/policy page - http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Company
Down near the bottom is a heading for US Shipping/Damage Claims. Just speaking from personal experience, once you place an order and go through the check-out process you will be presented with a whole list of shipping options from standard UPS Ground to Overnight. In addidtion to the method you choose, the shipping charges seem to be calculated at cost using your zip code, so they will vary depending on the weight of the package and the distance it has to travel from Indianapolis. Hope this helps.

Aaron

lcdd
07/07/2005, 07:07 AM
it should be noted you do not have to complete the checkout process before you receive your shipping total. I believe the 2nd screen gives you the shipping options and cost before you are asked to complete the purchase.
Daniel

Detritivore
07/07/2005, 10:19 AM
thanks guys

jason, do know how much you are going to charge for the AC2 group buy? im trying to decide between the Jr. and the AC2. the AC2 would give me a lot more options, but its almost $200 more. :(

thanks

laverda
07/07/2005, 12:22 PM
Anyone going to order the JR and not need a DC8 that would be willing to order it for me. I will pay you of course. I really want two DC8s.
Steve

ghever
07/07/2005, 12:57 PM
I too will wait for the ACII group buy... will we be able to get the great price on the DC8 with the ACII or it is only thorugh buying the Jr. that we can get this price...

Any chance of getting more backlit Jrs in, or can we get the non backlit ones now and exchange for backlit when you get them in?

G

Ochi
07/07/2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah I'm also wondering, I really hope the nice dc8 price will stay, as otherwise I can't buy any controller.

peezee
07/08/2005, 08:30 AM
Just what I was looking for. Great deal!!

lcdd
07/08/2005, 09:16 AM
welcome aboard Peezee ;) At this price you can't go wrong.

laverda
07/08/2005, 10:28 AM
How do I go about ordering the JR, Ph Probe and 2 DC8s? When I try to do it online it. orders 2 of everything. Thanks
Steve

jasonfrey
07/08/2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Steve,

We can only sell one DC8 at the 75.00 price. It's a Neptune deal where we can get a special price on a DC8 with each junior. Additional are $156.95, pretty big price jump.

thanks

fish_fanatik
07/08/2005, 07:03 PM
I can't get into the link. Are you all sold out?

gcarroll
07/09/2005, 12:21 AM
I want to order also but the link is not working

laverda
07/09/2005, 12:41 AM
I ordered on earlier today.

fish_fanatik
07/09/2005, 01:32 AM
I guess I'll have to wait for the ACII group buy. I hope I get the good price on the DC8 there too.

ReefMeister2
07/09/2005, 03:31 AM
I want to order a Neptune Junior with the DC8 as well if you are not sold out yet. Please place me in line for one

Ochi
07/09/2005, 08:35 AM
All gone I think, but when is the next group buy?

jasonfrey
07/09/2005, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Sorry, we did sell out of Juniors. The sale was bigger then we expected, thanks everyone. We went ahead and put the sale link back online though for anyone wanting to PREORDER them. It could be 2-3 weeks before we get more though. If you can wait, you can order online with the original group buy link and we'll just hold the order and charge when it's ready to ship.

thanks

scarletknight06
07/09/2005, 09:26 AM
will they be the same price?

Ochi
07/09/2005, 10:14 AM
The link doesn't work :/

This is fantastic news for me though, since now I can finally buy a controller...YAY :D

jasonfrey
07/09/2005, 10:31 AM
Sorry about that, it's back online now, same exact deal, just is a preorder now.

thanks

scarletknight06
07/09/2005, 02:27 PM
alright. I bit the bullet and pre-ordered mine with a ph probe, dc-8, and backlit. Will you post when they are ready to ship?

will the dc-8's be here when the new batch of aquacontroller jr's come in?

ReefMeister2
07/09/2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by scarletknight06
alright. I bit the bullet and pre-ordered mine with a ph probe, dc-8, and backlit. Will you post when they are ready to ship?

will the dc-8's be here when the new batch of aquacontroller jr's come in?

I did the exact same thing.
PHEW! ANOTHER $300 for the fish....my wife's gonna have my a$$ "if" she finds out! :( :D

ReefRockerLive
07/09/2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the purpose of getting the DC8? Is it like a high-end surge protector?

lcdd
07/09/2005, 04:13 PM
the DC8, like the other direct connects serves to replace the X10 method of connecting the controller to each specific equipment. Some people had problems with X10s, and the direct connect is much more reliable. They connect to the ACJr via a telephone cable so the ACJr can control the equipment. You can also daisychain several together to increase the number of items controlled by the ACJr. However, I believe the ACJr can only control 12 items. Hence, a DC8 and DC4 would be the max.

ReefRockerLive
07/09/2005, 04:17 PM
Can only the equipments that will be used by th ACJr be pluged to the DC8 or can I run other things too?

Thanks

bigdee65
07/09/2005, 04:33 PM
You can program as many of the plugs on the DC8 to stay on all the time. So it would act like a normal plug. The only problem with that is if the AC Jr craps out whatever you have on all the time might shut off.

ReefRockerLive
07/09/2005, 08:22 PM
Just ordered my AC Jr w/backlight, Ph probe, and DC8!

scarletknight06
07/10/2005, 09:28 AM
Can someone post a pic and dimensions of the AC jr and DC-8. I am making a electrical control box for it and a dj power center so i need to see what it looks like and the dimensions.
-Jonathan

ReefRockerLive
07/10/2005, 10:14 AM
The base unit is:
2.75" x 4.60" x 1.00"

ReefRockerLive
07/10/2005, 10:18 AM
The DC8 is:
8.8" x 3.35" x 1.6

Bumzyman
07/10/2005, 07:43 PM
Good Deal,
Tagging along for a possible AC3PRO deal.

starrd27
07/11/2005, 06:36 AM
If I order the Junior now, can I add a ACII later on with no interference between the two? I would like to use the Junior for my lighting - the restriction of 12 outlets is an issue for my other "appliances", but if I can use a JR just for my lights and a II for my other stuff then I'd be all set.

starrd27
07/11/2005, 06:44 AM
ps...I will be using both units with the X-10 modules - that's why I am wondering about interference.

Thanks!

lcdd
07/11/2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Bumzyman
Good Deal,
Tagging along for a possible AC3PRO deal.

Bumzyman,
If they offer a group buy on the AC3Pro, my guess is PA will create a new thread/title with a link to buy at the top to make it easy for everyone. You might be better off subscribing to the AC3pro thread or just checking every day for the offer. Wouldn't want you to miss out by relying on this thread alone. :eek: Good luck.

jasonfrey
07/11/2005, 09:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

To anyone waiting on AC2's, they didn't come in last week. Neptune was trying to ship before they left for vacation, but looks like they didn't make it. So AC2's and PRO's wil probably be 2-3 weeks like the Juniors now.

We will put together a group buy preorder on each one for anyone wanting to go ahead and wait and order now. We'll try and get a new link for each new group buy tomorrow.

thanks for the great support.

scarletknight06
07/11/2005, 09:57 AM
Jason,
will the jr i just pre-ordered come in at the same time as the dc-8's?
-Jonathan

jasonfrey
07/11/2005, 10:30 AM
It should, we should get Juniors, DC8's, AC2 and PRO3's at the same time, hopefully.

MK Reefer
07/11/2005, 10:40 AM
Any idea when the DC8's are coming :) as I am getting giddy :) ehehehhe

Mike

scarletknight06
07/11/2005, 10:45 AM
read above, 2-3 weeks

poknsnok
07/11/2005, 02:58 PM
placed my order. today... what an awesome deal... realistically, what am I looking at on delivery??

i got a backlit JR with ph and a dc8 that will handle Icecaps

thanks, Joe

poknsnok
07/11/2005, 03:01 PM
whoops... nevermid!! I see above

dgasmd
07/11/2005, 07:21 PM
To anyone waiting on AC2's, they didn't come in last week. Neptune was trying to ship before they left for vacation, but looks like they didn't make it. So AC2's and PRO's wil probably be 2-3 weeks like the Juniors now.

We will put together a group buy preorder on each one for anyone wanting to go ahead and wait and order now. We'll try and get a new link for each new group buy tomorrow.

I am a little confused, which is rare as I am usually very confused :lol: However, is the pre-order for the Jr that you are out of already or for all the different models? Reason I ask is because I would like to know the price difference before I commit myselft to a model. If the price drop is significant, I may consider one vs the other.

Also, it would be nice to know if you are having a group buy for all the other models. That is the AC2, AC2PRO and the AC3PRO. If not, please specify which ones will be on the group buy. I guess this will all be included in the new thread and link tomorrow along with the accesory prices too :D :D

Thanks,
dgasmd

CaptainDave
07/11/2005, 07:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

thanks for the great support.

sounds like there will be deals on at least the AC2 and the AC2Pro

EDIT: haha, well I just saw you quoted the same thing I did. Anyway, I read this as to mean that there will be deals on the AC2 and the AC2Pro at least.

prance1520
07/12/2005, 07:24 AM
Hey Jason,
Did they not get any shipment out, or just the ACIIs? I ordered the ACJr bundle and have already recieved my controller and such, just waiting on the DC8. Are our DC8s on the 2-3 week delay as well? Thanks.

scarletknight06
07/12/2005, 07:36 AM
once again, read above

Marcelog
07/12/2005, 08:50 AM
Patiently waiting on the AC2 group buy. :D

Marcelo -

Jdaddy3boys
07/12/2005, 09:21 PM
Just ordered mine with backlight, dc8, and lab ph probe. Thanks for doing this:thumbsup:

ReefRockerLive
07/12/2005, 09:26 PM
How much better is the lab PH probe than the standard PH probe?

peezee
07/13/2005, 12:06 AM
Is there an option to mount the ph probe on a threaded nut or something to mount in my calcium reactor?

bigdee65
07/13/2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by ReefRockerLive
How much better is the lab PH probe than the standard PH probe?

The lab grade probes have these advantages:

- Higher quality junction which results in a longer probe lifetime.
- Epoxy seal on the tip of the probe. This seals makes the probe presure rated so that it can be mounted into in-line fittings.

Here is the thread where clp (Neptune Rep) talks about them: http://reefcentral.com//forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=586421

Jdaddy3boys
07/13/2005, 09:04 AM
Jason,

In the description under "Data logging" the last sentence says, "The data log can either be viewed on the LCD display."

How else can it be viewed? Can I download the data to my computer?

Jeremy B.
07/13/2005, 09:14 AM
Is there an option to mount the ph probe on a threaded nut or something to mount in my calcium reactor?

We do have probe holders sold separately that are on their way right now, we should have them within the week. You would have to drill your own hole in the top of your reactor to mount them in place though.

peezee
07/13/2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy B.

We do have probe holders sold separately that are on their way right now, we should have them within the week. You would have to drill your own hole in the top of your reactor to mount them in place though.

Woohoo, Ill be waiting for them. And yes I have a hole thats already drilled when I bought the reactor. Can you let me know when you get them in so I can order? Oh btw, how big of a hole would I need?

Jeremy B.
07/13/2005, 09:56 AM
This is the first time we've gotten them, so I'm unsure at the moment. We'll have specs on them as soon as they arrive though.

peezee
07/13/2005, 10:13 AM
Thanx Jeremy.

Jdaddy3boys
07/13/2005, 10:14 AM
Jeremy,

In the description under "Data logging" the last sentence says, "The data log can either be viewed on the LCD display."

How else can it be viewed? Can I download the data to my computer?

Jeremy B.
07/13/2005, 10:19 AM
Hi Jacob,

I will have to contact Neptune on that, as I personally do not know. Unfortunatley it might be a couple weeks until they are back in the shop there.

jasonfrey
07/13/2005, 11:01 AM
Hi Jacob,

I remember the data logging questin when they first came out and Neptune said it was a typo on there website. So you can view only on the LCD display.

jasonfrey
07/13/2005, 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

We finally got the AC2 and the AC3pro Group buys ready. They might be 2-3 weeks before they can ship. So they are preorders right now. We'll charge when ready to ship. **You must use these links to order, available online only and these links have the special prices**

Aquacontroller 2
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC2&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

Aquacontroller 3 pro
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC3PRO&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

thanks

dgasmd
07/13/2005, 11:55 AM
Are the temperature probes included with any of these? If not, can we buy them separate?
Is there any reduced prices to any of the accesories (computer cable, alarm module, etc.) that are not listed as the options?

laverda
07/13/2005, 12:18 PM
Super good prices! If any one is ordering either but does not need the ORP probe, I will give you $35.00 to order it for me. that gives you an additional $10 doller savings.
Steve

laverda
07/13/2005, 12:20 PM
On the AC lll you can download the data log to your computer.

ranceego
07/13/2005, 01:08 PM
thanks jason, i ordered mine.:thumbsup:

peezee
07/13/2005, 04:28 PM
When ordering the standard ph probe with the unit, does it come with calibration fluid?

Bumzyman
07/13/2005, 04:32 PM
I had a similar question about the logging on the AC3. With it having a built in web server and all what are the benefits of the Aqua Notes software? Can the date and time be set on the AC3 via NTP over TCP/IP? Would Aqua Notes still be needed if you were looking to archive the data for any length of time?

jasonfrey
07/14/2005, 09:54 AM
AquaNotes is not needed to program the unit, it's just making it so you can make changes on your computer instead of the unit. So might be a little quicker or easier, but not required to get any more functions out of the unit. The control display can do everything you need. That's about as technical as I know on the units, so not sure about data log or backup etc. I would check with neptune support when they get back.

On the PH Fluid, we actually didn't notice that before. You do not normally get fluid. We are going to include a packet of 7 & 10 from now on when a ph probe is purchased.

thanks

peezee
07/14/2005, 10:11 AM
AquaNotes is not needed to program the unit, it's just making it so you can make changes on your computer instead of the unit. So might be a little quicker or easier, but not required to get any more functions out of the unit. The control display can do everything you need. That's about as technical as I know on the units, so not sure about data log or backup etc. I would check with neptune support when they get back.

On the PH Fluid, we actually didn't notice that before. You do not normally get fluid. We are going to include a packet of 7 & 10 from now on when a ph probe is purchased.

thanks

So since I mentioned that, do I get free calibration fluid with my already ordered package? hahahah jk. Ill just order some.

dgasmd
07/14/2005, 10:13 AM
Are the temperature probes included with any of these? If not, can we buy them separate?

jasonfrey
07/14/2005, 10:20 AM
The Junior package, the temp probe is included. The others you have to add the Temp probe. They are available to buy separate or as add on packages.

scarletknight06
07/20/2005, 01:49 PM
do you have an arrival date yet. i can't wait!

jasonfrey
07/20/2005, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Probably 1st week of august, around 6th plus or minus. Neptune doesn't get back until July 31st, so hoping they ship orders 1st of august and then we get end of the week after that.

prance1520
07/21/2005, 09:33 AM
Got my DC8 on tuesday. Thanks much guys. Your the best at what you do.

Matt

peezee
07/21/2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by prance1520

Matt

Oh shucks, Im still waiting on mine. Cant wait!!!

HughJas
07/21/2005, 11:04 AM

When did this offer kick in Jason? I just got my ACII and PH probe yesterday (shipped monday) and there wasn't any fluid in with the probe.

Other than that - all looks well and I can't wait to get this thing up and running.

~chris

laverda
07/27/2005, 11:25 AM
Any word on the DC8s yet? I sure could use mine, as my light timer has failed.

peezee
07/27/2005, 11:29 AM
Same here, still waiting for the DC8

cfishrun
07/27/2005, 12:45 PM
Hi,

Probably 1st week of august, around 6th plus or minus. Neptune doesn't get back until July 31st, so hoping they ship orders 1st of august and then we get end of the week after that.

peezee
07/27/2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by prance1520

Matt

I ordered maybe a day after this guy. Im aware of the wait, but when i see somebody saying they got theirs, doesnt it make you wonder when youre going to get yours too?

cfishrun
07/27/2005, 02:59 PM
No, I haven't been wondering. I guess I have a bit of an advantage because Matt (Prance1520) is my roommate, so we both knew that his DC-8 was coming. Neptune goes on vacation for the month of July, but they were able to get one shipment of DC-8s (about a dozen I believe) out their door before they left (both to MarineDepot and Premium). I placed my order the day after Matt; lucky for him, and not so much for me (or the rest of us), he was the last one to get a DC-8 from that shipment. However, in addition to PA's website that said it will be 2-3 weeks until the units ship, Jason and Jeremy have both stated several times that the DC-8s, most of the controllers, and some of the probes that were ordered under this special RC group buy will not be in stock until Neptune reopens the first week of August, plus the time it takes for the units to ship from the west coast to Indy, and for Premium to ship them to us. We're probably looking at the second week of August, if all goes well. And depending on when you placed the order, it might be even longer because you'll be further down the list.

peezee
07/27/2005, 04:12 PM
Thanx for the explanation cfishrun. I have no problems waiting since I got a great deal on this.

jasonfrey
07/27/2005, 04:26 PM
Hi,

We are hoping the DC8's still arrive first week of august, just not confirmation from the factory since they are still out.

Anyone that got a package deal without fluids, drop us an email and we'll mail some out.

thanks

Silencer
07/31/2005, 11:23 PM
Are you able to say how long the AC Jr special will continue?

Silencer
08/01/2005, 07:43 AM
Nevermind I couldn't wait :)

peezee
08/03/2005, 05:46 PM
Yay, I got a tracking number. Thanx guys.

cfishrun
08/03/2005, 06:54 PM
Me too!

scarletknight06
08/04/2005, 02:12 PM
I hope they will be here soon, but in the meantime I have a question.
Which ballasts does the AC jr reportedly have problems with? Is it the the icecap or all electronic ballasts?

CaptainDave
08/04/2005, 02:38 PM
not sure, but I have an IceCap 660 on the DC8 and am having no problems whatsoever.

Silencer
08/09/2005, 04:28 AM
Any news on when the rest of the units will ship?

jasonfrey
08/09/2005, 08:46 AM
Hi,

Neptune is hoping to have rest of them to us by end of this week or early next week.

JVHam
08/09/2005, 05:56 PM
Neptune Jr. Backlight = 150.00
DC8 and ph probe = 130.00
Shipping 10.00
Peace of mind with one "timer" and heater control = Priceless

poknsnok
08/09/2005, 06:22 PM
hey Jason
Got mine. but is it supposed to come with power adapter? I didnt get one. Also, I see nothing in directions as far as how to set dc8 to operate with JR. Also, I have 2x250 watt icecaps and 1x400 watt. Is that too much juice for it?

jasonfrey
08/10/2005, 09:33 AM
Hi,

The first batch we shipped out, Neptune forgot to pack the AC adapter. We just sent them a list of everyone that ordered from that first batch, so they are shipping those out for you. Sorry about the problem.

On the DC8, it should be able to handle your halides. It's 6 amps per outlet. Neptune did mention to us any really heavy lighting customers should consider the 4HD instead, but I think you'll be ok with that setup.

JVHam
08/10/2005, 10:05 AM
What about an Icecap 660 running 4 39watt T5s?

jasonfrey
08/10/2005, 10:11 AM
Icecap T5 setup should be no problem for the DC8. It can handle 6 amps draw, I think Icecap 660 is only around 3amps.

JVHam
08/12/2005, 10:35 AM
Whats the shipping estimate on controllers and DC8s ordered this week?

jasonfrey
08/12/2005, 11:34 AM
Hi,

We were hoping to get some more this week, but hasn't came in yet. Hopefully will arrive monday so we can get the next batch of people shipped out.

Sorry it's taking longer then expected.

dpaynter
08/12/2005, 10:38 PM
Is this deal closed? The link was open when I saw this deal on Wednesday, but when I came back on Thursday after checking out pH probes, It gave an error and has ever since.

jasonfrey
08/14/2005, 09:45 AM
HI,

Sorry, we had to take the deal off for a while. We have quite a few preorders and worried Neptune can't fill our orders fast enough. So we want to make sure we can ge the stock before offering the deal again. I think we took Neptune by surprise when they get back from vacation and filled up there order box.

thanks

ReeferMonkey
08/14/2005, 10:19 AM
Jason,

Are you implying that the deal could reopen if Neptune gets their act together?

JVHam
08/14/2005, 12:04 PM
Is there a new estimate for the controllers that were purchased last week?

jasonfrey
08/15/2005, 12:16 PM
Yes, once we fill group buy orders and have some stock left for everyone else. We can look at doing another group buy, but just depends on stock.

We don't want to hurt the market flow on these since it's a new product.

We have not got shipping confirmation on the 2nd batch of them, so still hoping they'll ship this week for everyone that didn't get theres from the first batch.

ReeferMonkey
08/15/2005, 12:18 PM
Great! I can't wait for things to get straightened out! This is a great deal on a great product!

scarletknight06
08/15/2005, 01:57 PM
WARNING!!!!!!
The pH calibration solution I was shipped with my aqua controller jr was waaaaayyyy off. I used it to calibrate my pH probe and was getting readings close to 8.7 initially but I was using vinegar to bring it down. After recalibrating just now with more accurate packets (via randy holme's tests)(http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-02/rhf/index.php) my ph went from 8.40 to 7.68.
I'm not saying all the packet were bad. just that mine were.

JVHam
08/17/2005, 10:38 AM
I was wondering if you have recieved the controllers yet. I can't wait.

jasonfrey
08/17/2005, 12:23 PM
Hi,

We should be getting some in today and shipping out tomorrow. Just not sure how many will arrive, but will get some for sure.

JVHam
08/19/2005, 05:30 PM
I got an email saying its on the way. Should be here early next week. ;)

jasonfrey
08/20/2005, 10:05 AM
We got them in and shipped them all out. So everyone should of received an email, if you didn't let us know.

thanks for the great response to the sale.

thanks

leeweber85
08/20/2005, 01:48 PM
Is there a way you could PM if you get another group buy?

jasonfrey
08/20/2005, 09:05 PM
Hi Lee,

If we run another group buy, i'll post in this one first so it will alert everyone that had posted on here.

kbecker
08/22/2005, 08:26 PM
Jason,

Is there an ETA for the DC8's? My controller is so bored with nothing to control.

Talonn
08/23/2005, 09:07 AM
Me too.... My poor controller is just waiting to do something....lol

jasonfrey
08/23/2005, 09:47 AM
HI,

We are hoping DC8's arrive end of this week. I imagine, no fun without one...

SERVO
08/26/2005, 07:59 PM
Tagging along incase you guys are inspired to put on another group buy!

foundahobby
08/27/2005, 01:02 PM
I am in too for another Neptune III Sys. group buy.

sleedo
09/04/2005, 05:42 AM
Count me in for a Jr. if you decide to run another sale.

Kinetic
09/06/2005, 04:52 PM
i'm in as well for that price.

impur
09/06/2005, 06:22 PM
Same.

eric808
09/09/2005, 11:54 AM
I'm in for the next group buy for the JR.

little_d
09/09/2005, 01:13 PM
Will there possibly a DC8 group buy?

jasonfrey
09/09/2005, 01:27 PM
Hi Everyone. Ok, we are going to open up the Junior Group buy for a short time. So act fast if you want one. Same price as before, but now only option is Backlight. 99% of the ones we sold last time people bought the backlight upgrade, so we just ordered all backlight this time.

You need to use the weblink to order, here it is
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=C-NEP-ACJR&Category_Code=

Enjoy, thanks,

jasonfrey
09/09/2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Little_d.

Unfortunately we won't have one just on the DC8, because buying them separate from Neptune is about twice the price. So the best deal on them is getting with a Junior.

thanks

ReeferMonkey
09/09/2005, 01:33 PM
Jason,

I hate to try to drag it out of you, but do you think the buy will still be open next Friday? I really want to get in on this but won't have the funds until payday...

impur
09/09/2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for opening it up again!!! Just placed my order, can't wait. Thanks again

Miles

little_d
09/09/2005, 03:46 PM
Jason,

Thanks, since u reopened the group buy I just order another Jr with a DC8 and hopefully can pass on the Jr to another member at a later time.

Hi Little_d.

Unfortunately we won't have one just on the DC8, because buying them separate from Neptune is about twice the price. So the best deal on them is getting with a Junior.

thanks

WIKI2ECHO
09/09/2005, 09:59 PM
Jason:
The link to the group buy....... options show that the DC8 is a 2-4 week wait??? Is this so?

Thanks Bill

leeweber85
09/09/2005, 11:40 PM
Ordered mine, I think the group buy saved me $45!

Now whose gonna be the one to write my code!? lol

peezee
09/10/2005, 06:28 PM
I just plugged the DC8 in and programmed the controller. Nothing seems to be happening or working. Its plugged into a GFCI. Need help.

JVHam
09/11/2005, 06:37 AM
Jason,
Would it be possible to order the DC4HD for the price listed on the group buy. I bought the Jr throught the group buy and recieved it a couple weeks ago and I just need it to control a few more things.

johns
09/12/2005, 12:11 PM
Jason-

Wanted to get in on this group buy for the AC Jr. but have a couple questions first. There is an estimated wait on the DC8 of 2-4 weeks. s just wondering if I order with pH probe and DC8 if you can just hold onto the unit until the whole thing is ready to ship?

If I place the order via the link, will I be charged on my CC right away or when it ships? Will I be notified by email before it ships out?

thanks
John

jasonfrey
09/12/2005, 01:24 PM
Hi John,

We have DC8's in stock, so we can ship out asap when you order.

thanks

pickle311
09/13/2005, 11:49 AM
I just orderd one with a DC8, it will be replacing a Reefkeeper and a PH Controller. Awesome deal, thanks.

JVHam
09/13/2005, 12:09 PM
Jason,
Would it be possible to order the DC4HD for the price listed on the group buy? I bought the Jr through the group buy and recieved it a couple weeks ago and I just need it to control a few more things.

jasonfrey
09/13/2005, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately we can't even buy the DC4HD's for the price we sell the DC8's for. Neptune just does a super deal on packages with the Juniors, about 50% less then they usually charge on them.

WE could make you a special deal on a 4HD, email us sales@premiumaquatics.com

thanks

ReeferMonkey
09/14/2005, 01:26 PM
Any thoughts on a GB for the ACII?

jasonfrey
09/14/2005, 01:51 PM
Yes, we'll do a ACII soon, we are out of stock on those right now, probably this week we should have more. Unless you need non-backlight, we have those.

ReeferMonkey
09/14/2005, 01:55 PM
Well, what really is the deal is that a friend of mine (who's probably posting right now :O) wants to upgrade to an ACII and sell me his AC Jr., but to make it worthwhile I'd have to get the DC8 and probe at GB prices.

So we could either get in on a GB for the ACII or maybe work something out with you guys.

wakefreak33
09/14/2005, 02:08 PM
5 sent you an email about it, but that pretty much answers it.

Capt_Cully
09/20/2005, 08:28 AM
Jason, I sent you an email to the customer service address. Thanks.

rwrussom
09/20/2005, 10:26 AM
On the fence here, need input.
Can't decide on getting the Jr w/ the dc8 and probe, or waiting it out for the ACII package.
What was the previous deal for the ACII ?
I really like the possibility of remote monitoring through the internet and computer interface. Anyone out there doing this? If so, howz it working? Thanks

jasonfrey
09/20/2005, 11:00 AM
Ok, we are making the ACII group buy available again for short period. Must purchase it online using this link

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC2&Category_Code=

To help you decide whether you need junior or ACII, use neptunes comparison guide to help;
http://www.neptunesys.com/comparison.htm

thanks

schristi69
09/20/2005, 04:18 PM
How come the AC jr deal has the DC8 for $75.00 and the ACII has it for $156.00?

jasonfrey
09/20/2005, 08:30 PM
HI,

The DC8's are priced according to Neptunes cost. Neptune offers the DC8 at about half the price packaged with the Juniors. They are basically given up there profit to sell more juniors and compete with the lower end products like ReefKeeper etc. So unfortunately makes the other packages not look as appealing sometimes.

beergeek
09/22/2005, 07:48 AM
Any chance for a GB on the AC III Pro?

jasonfrey
09/22/2005, 09:15 AM
Hi,

We are making 2 AC III's available for the group buy. So you need to use this link for special prices:
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC3PRO&Category_Code=

If it shows out of stock, it could still be available due to the way shopping carts work. If someone adds to the cart and doesn't buy it, will be on hold for 60 minutes.

thanks

jason
sales@premiumaquatics.com

beergeek
09/22/2005, 09:45 AM
WOW that was fast, already ordered.
thanks a bunch.

Drewpy
09/24/2005, 09:16 PM
Any Jr.s left for group buy?

jasonfrey
09/25/2005, 12:25 PM
We are letting a few more Juniors go at the group by price now.

thanks

Drewpy
09/25/2005, 07:53 PM
ordered:) Thanks...

Drewpy
09/26/2005, 03:57 PM
Just curious, do you have my order in stock ready to ship? The website there is a wait on the DC8 but on 9/12 you posted they are in stock...
Thanks and great deal by the way,

mikeo1210
09/26/2005, 04:58 PM
Hi,

We are making 2 AC III's available for the group buy. So you need to use this link for special prices:
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC3PRO&Category_Code=

I want one but wondered if I could get a DC8 @ the "Jr. price":D?

This is Haggle Central right?

jasonfrey
09/26/2005, 05:53 PM
Hi,

WE have them in stock now, the thread is just old, this is the 3rd time we opened the Groub Buy back since it was so popular. Thanks to you guys.

I wish we could offer the DC8 in the AC2 package for that price, one of those junior only deals though.

Drewpy
09/26/2005, 06:06 PM
Great, i got a tracking number just now... Will be shopping with you guys again i am sure...

Just so you know your website says a two to four week on the DC8 with the AC JR --Only when you pull up the reef central deal site though... Your regular AC JR site has them in stock.

chriscobb
09/27/2005, 01:19 AM
Is it to late to get in on the GB for the ACII?

impur
09/27/2005, 09:57 AM
Drew i got mine in a week. It said the same thing when i ordered. Thanks again for opening it back up Jason!!!

Miles

mikeo1210
09/27/2005, 10:13 AM
Hi,

WE have them in stock now, the thread is just old, this is the 3rd time we opened the Groub Buy back since it was so popular. Thanks to you guys.

I wish we could offer the DC8 in the AC2 package for that price, one of those junior only deals though.

I was interested in the AC3 but that's kind of a deal breaker. DC would be much too costly for someone w/ more then one circuit for their tank. If you've got a chiller chances are you've got another circuit. Guess I'll wait for them to lower those too.

ReefMeister2
09/27/2005, 11:08 AM
Couldn't you go direct connect (DC8) on one circuit and X10 on the other circuit. That's what I plan on doing. The Netune site states that you can chain an X10 interface module on the end of the DC. I assume you then just plug the appliance modules into whatever circuit you wish.
True it would be nice to have ALL direct connect, but you could connect critical components to the DC and items less susecptable to interference on the X10 circuit (i.e. calcium reactor, heater, etc)
just a thought

jasonfrey
09/27/2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, you can daisy chain X10 off the DC's, so you can use both direct and wireless devices.

mikeo1210
09/27/2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ReefMeister2
Couldn't you go direct connect (DC8) on one circuit and X10 on the other circuit.

From everyone I've talked to, unless you have the x10 outlets real close to the AC unit they are very unreliable if not totally useless. I don't know that anything is "less susecptable".

Drewpy
09/29/2005, 06:56 PM
Jason,

I recieved the Jr. today and have it up and running... pretty cool... Couple questions:

What do the 4 on/off switches on the DC8 do exactly? Your going to have to dumb it down for me...

Also do you sell the alarm feature plug in i guess?

The temperature reads a little higher then two other thermometers i have... One hand hled digital is about a degree less then the Jr and the heater thermometer (digital also) is about 2 degrees lower... Which one is most reliable? Average them?

Can i get another DC8 at the Jr, $75.00 price?

And lastly i didn't recieve any PH calibration solution, may i get some?

Drewpy
09/29/2005, 07:26 PM
last question:
Is there a way to keep an outlet on all the time? Right now i have it programed to be on when the tank temp exceeds 40 degree F.. which is always on i guess-- but there must be away ithout relying on the temp probe...

mattseattle
09/30/2005, 04:43 PM
Awesome! I just got in on the Group Buy for the Junior. I missed it last time....

dpaynter
10/03/2005, 01:18 AM
Drew,

You can define a new Timer Name such as ON1. Then add a Timer Statement:

If Time > 00:00 Then ON1 On

(Or just add this statement using the timer name already assigned to the outlet.)
I'm also tagging along on the question aboout the pH calibration solutions.

Jeremy B.
10/04/2005, 11:42 AM
Hi,

We can get you some cal fluid, please email us directly at sales@premiumaquatics.com and we'll get this headed out to you.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy B.
10/04/2005, 12:45 PM
Please note that in the previous post that calibration fluid IS NOT included with the Neptune packages, this is a separate charge.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Drewpy
10/04/2005, 02:45 PM
Hi,

Anyone that got a package deal without fluids, drop us an email and we'll mail some out.

thanks

Sorry.... I would have added the calibration fluid to the order i just read that post and thought it was included with the neptune package... No big deal i will send an email and you guys can charge me whatever it costs...

Thanks

MattD004
10/07/2005, 07:53 PM
Reguarly the ac jr is priced at $199, right? so we're basically getting a $30 discount for the group buy?

mattseattle
10/07/2005, 07:57 PM
about that - yeah.....

MattD004
10/07/2005, 08:22 PM
is it worth it? I know you recently sold your reef keeper to get this. Is it that useful?

mattseattle
10/07/2005, 08:30 PM
define useful? depends on what you want to do with it.

MattD004
10/07/2005, 08:34 PM
what can I do with it? I mean I have my timers, power strips and wavemakers. Would this make any difference? Seems like an awesome toy, but is it worth it?

mattseattle
10/07/2005, 08:41 PM
I think the best feature is it's programmable. So it controls your heater, chiller, fan, lights, co2 regulator, calcium reactor, pumps, powerheads, etc.

If the temperature of your tank reaches a certain temperature you can have a fan come on, if it reaches higher you can have a chiller come on. if the chiller should fail for any reason and the temperature keeps rising then it can shut down your lights.

that is just a small portion of what it can do. it can simulate the sun over the tropics adjusting your lighting for different months of the year. it can also do that with the temperature of your tank. it can also simulate moonlight.

it also has data logging so you can track the temperature , pH, etc. of your tank over a period of time.

it just does a ton of stuff that your timers, power strips and wavemakers could never do. so yeah i think either the reefkeeper or the aquacontroller jr. are definitely worth it.

MattD004
10/07/2005, 08:46 PM
now that you put it that way, lol. I guess worth a shot :)
thanks

MattD004
10/07/2005, 08:46 PM
what else would I need to get with it besides a ph probe and a dc8?

mattseattle
10/07/2005, 10:00 PM
that is it...

plaz
10/13/2005, 09:28 AM
Still debating on a model. Can anyone tell me what the ACIIIPros went for when they were available? Will this possibly be offered again?

pelochas
10/13/2005, 10:13 AM
is this deal still available?

im a newbie, i interested in a wavemaster pro wit hte 4 maxi jets combo you have on sale now but if this can do and much much more.

what do i need to purchase now to make this work with 4 maxi jets, have temp and ph readings?

eclecticvibe
10/13/2005, 11:53 AM
I think the link to the JR deal is still active. You'll just need the controller, 4 maxi jets, and a pH probe(I reccomend lab grade). The temperature probe is included with the unit.

pelochas
10/13/2005, 09:11 PM
can anoyone say what difference in performance you can see in the Wavemaster Pro by Red Sea and the Wave Maker that this unit can perform?

raddogz
10/16/2005, 02:55 PM
Wow, what a deal. Do you think this group buy (ac2) will last until the end of the month (gotta wait till "new toy" money is available)?

hammerhead
10/16/2005, 04:44 PM
I just ordered jr with the DC8. Jay is there a picture if the DC8 around I couls see.

eclecticvibe
10/16/2005, 10:21 PM
http://neptunesys.com/
There's a picture on the homepage of their website.

FastUno
10/17/2005, 11:48 PM
What happened base price was 139.95 & when you click the link it states 164.90???????????????

"Rating: none
Quantity in Basket:none
Code: C-NEP-ACJR
Price:$164.90

Shipping Weight: 5.00 pounds"

Is this cause of backlight addition?

mattseattle
10/18/2005, 12:21 AM
yeah that is the reason ---> The base price of $164.90 **includes backlight upgrade**

He mentioned in a post somewhere that since everyone in the previous group buy ordered it with the backlight that he ordered them with backlights this time.

FastUno
10/18/2005, 12:37 AM
So the group buy is still in effect? When do we have until? I may just order one tomorrow. Just need some questions answered that I posted in the manuf. forum.

Question for you guys. Do you think I can use my PH probe off my Milwaukee monitor? It has a standard type connector, but the ACJR does not look like it has a standard connector?

hammerhead
10/18/2005, 07:42 AM
it's standard BNC if im not mistaken

mattseattle
10/18/2005, 11:46 AM
it's a standard BNC and i'm sure you could use yours off your milwaukee monitor. i used mine off of mine till i received a new probe and it worked well.

plaz
10/18/2005, 11:50 AM
Are the lab probes worth the difference? I read one post that said they were already dry when shipped?

mattseattle
10/18/2005, 01:09 PM
i ordered the standard grade pH probe from neptune and it arrived wet and in perfect working order. i'm not sure if it's worth buying the lab grade over the standard grade. i've read differing views on that.

eclecticvibe
10/19/2005, 09:38 AM
From the feedback I've heard, lab grade is the way to go. Longer life of the probe is probably the biggest plus that people report.

crash519
10/19/2005, 10:23 AM
Any ideas on the drop ship status of the standard grade probes. My invoice said it would be drop shipped from manufacturer. That was several weeks ago. Still haven't recieved it.

eclecticvibe
10/19/2005, 12:31 PM
Please email me at jp@premiumaquatics.com with your full name, and/or order # and I'll be happy to track that down for you.

FastUno
10/19/2005, 02:55 PM
Is the group buy still on for the ACJR? I would like to order tonight.

hammerhead
10/19/2005, 07:05 PM
yes it is They will remove the link when it's over

crash519
10/20/2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by eclecticvibe
Please email me at jp@premiumaquatics.com with your full name, and/or order # and I'll be happy to track that down for you.

Thanks! I'll shoot you an email!

FastUno
10/20/2005, 09:27 PM
I just ordered last night, do you/they have all the items in stock?
Ordered:
C-NEP-ACJR Neptune Aquacontroller JR Backlight. Reef Central
& Nep-control: DC8 Std

Can't believe how excited I am to get it!

eclecticvibe
10/21/2005, 09:42 AM
Looks like everything should be in stock.

hammerhead
10/21/2005, 11:05 PM
I got mine today. I just need to figure out how to program it lol

mattseattle
10/21/2005, 11:17 PM
it's simple......i had mine done in 30 minutes

hammerhead
10/21/2005, 11:28 PM
Im not realy sure what the dip swithes do on the DC8. Theres 4 of them. ABCD. I want the controller to operate all 8 outlets

FastUno
10/22/2005, 08:41 AM
What do they do? Would be good to know before I get mine.

Hey, I ordered mine on wed night & payed extra for the three day shipping selection. I figured that I would have the units by Sat so I can play with them over the weekend. Looks like I will be getting them on Tues instead. I don't have much time weekdays because of work & if I knew this outcome I would have done standard shipping. :sad1:

I know, I know...at least the price was cheaper than normal.

kbecker
10/22/2005, 11:24 AM
The dip switches tell you which outlet numbers the dc8 are (1-8 or 9-16) and what letter the dc8 is (a or b or c or d). The picture on the back on the DC8 is pretty clear about this... to me anyways.

ReefMeister2
10/24/2005, 11:03 AM
From the feedback I've heard, lab grade is the way to go. Longer life of the probe is probably the biggest plus that people report.

Jay,
My Lab grade probe went bad after only two months use. It is literally stuck at a reading of ~ 6.0 pH. The controller says that the probe is defective when I tried to re-calibrate it. I've tried everything including cleaning it, rinsing in RO water, etc...no good. :(

I made the purchase (fully loaded unit) just this August
My invoice number is 18732
Thanks,
Kevin

eclecticvibe
10/24/2005, 04:51 PM
Kevin,
Email me at jp@premiumaquaqtics.com and I'll check that out for you Tuesday morning.

eclecticvibe
10/24/2005, 04:51 PM
Kevin,
Email me at jp@premiumaquaqtics.com and I'll check that out for you Tuesday morning.

eclecticvibe
10/25/2005, 09:30 AM
Kevin, I looked for that Invoice # and it doesn't correspond to anything in our system. If I could have your last name, I'll try to find your order that way so we can get this cleared up for you.

ReefMeister2
10/25/2005, 09:42 AM
oops, my mistake...its invoice #89201 (Kevin Adams)
I was reading the wrong reciept.
I'll e-mail you too.

pelochas
10/25/2005, 09:43 AM
I got my Neptune JR on Friday. Installed it last night and took only 30 minutes to get all working. Best purchase i made so far. I got the standard PH probe and works great. I also made a few more purchases on other items i needed and got a discount.

Great Service and Great Shipping. Thanks to Jason @ Premium Aquatics

do i need to calibrate the new PH probe? i have 8.1 ph reading which is almost identical to my other tests

thanks,
o valdivia

eclecticvibe
10/25/2005, 09:48 AM
Kevin -- I found your order, and I'm working on fixing that for you.

Pelocahs -- It's reccomended to calibrate your probe when you receive it, and every 2-3 weeks after that. If you're confident that your other tests are accurate, you might be able to wait a few weeks until you calibrate.

johns
10/25/2005, 10:06 AM
It's reccomended to calibrate your probe when you receive it, and every 2-3 weeks after that.

Wow thats a pretty frequent schedule of calibration. Is that the schedule recommended by Neptune? Which brings up another question - how long would calibration fluid be good stored in a sealed vial?

I used to calibrate my old pinpoint probe every few months, unless I was having any other problems.

eclecticvibe
10/25/2005, 10:18 AM
That reccomendation is per all pH probe manufacturers that I've talked to. I'm not sure that it's 100% necessary, and I tend to calibrate more along the lines of every 6 weeks. From my understanding, pH calibration fluid can't be stored once it has been opened. It immediately begins to change pH levels once exposed to the air.

ReefMeister2
10/25/2005, 10:26 AM
Kevin,

LOL, couldn't understand why my e-mail wouldn't go through.
Finally figured out that you misspelled your e-mail address above

hammerhead
10/25/2005, 10:28 AM
Wow that's odd. My PH cal Solutions have a Guaranteed life until the expiration date.

eclecticvibe
10/25/2005, 10:30 AM
Sorry about that typo. Guess I need to slow down on the typing. I think we've got this squared away for you now.

pelochas
10/25/2005, 12:26 PM
That reccomendation is per all pH probe manufacturers that I've talked to. I'm not sure that it's 100% necessary, and I tend to calibrate more along the lines of every 6 weeks. From my understanding, pH calibration fluid can't be stored once it has been opened. It immediately begins to change pH levels once exposed to the air.

so this means we should have roughly 9 packs of calibration fluid for a years worth.

hammerhead
10/25/2005, 01:28 PM
Jay any chance you will have a group buy for just the Direct Connect 4 (DC4HD). I would like to get one of these as well but 160$ just for that OUCH.

sknoch78
10/26/2005, 01:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing in regards to the DC-8. Any chance I can buy just this at the group rate.

Thanks,
Shawn

Jeremy B.
10/26/2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Guys.... Unfortunatley the DC8 costs us a lot more when it is not purchased from Neptune with an Aquacontroller JR, so it's really hard to get the price down on that. If you do purchase the JR with the DC8 though you save a substantial amount of money.

hammerhead
10/26/2005, 03:03 PM
Jeremy What about the (DC4HD)?

jasonfrey
11/01/2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Guys,

We have reactived the Aquacontroller AC3 pro group buy at

The Juniors are still on special and ready to ship as well.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-NEP-AC2&Category_Code=

thanks

hammerhead
11/01/2005, 06:50 PM
Jason thats a link to the ACII not the JR. Are you having a group buy on the ACII as well?

E-A-G-L-E-S
11/01/2005, 06:54 PM
i am MUCHO interested in a Jr. (any group buys going down again anytime soon)??

mattseattle
11/01/2005, 07:02 PM
you can still get the Junior as a Group Buy.

jasonfrey
11/02/2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry about that, we are having a group buy on the AC2, so actually right now the AC Junior, AC2 and AC3pro has a group buy.

Here is the correct Junior link
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=C-NEP-ACJR&Category_Code=

thanks