PDA

View Full Version : X10 Modual

JAANDGC
07/12/2005, 12:08 PM
Is there a company out there that make a semi reliable X10 modual. I don't have a problem with line noise, they always work with no problem for a little while then they stop working all together. I have tried the radio shack X10's and the ones that I bought with my ACII and out of the 9 total only 4 still work. Also before I'm asked it is not because of the load placed on them because one of the failures happened on my ozone generator.
Jerry

Member No. 1
07/12/2005, 01:13 PM
Sorry to say I don't think so. I mean with all the people running them, I'm sure someone would have found a better mouse trap.
I had a few issues with mine, but I turned the AC controller off then back on and they seem to reset themselves. Also I change the setting for them and that seemed to work also. As in if it was set for A1 I changed it to H1. But I think the only way to be 100% sure they are going to work 100% of the time is to use either a DC4 or DC8.

Reeftoker
07/18/2005, 11:32 AM
Taging along to see if any good info comes up

kattner
07/18/2005, 04:20 PM
I have had very good luck with the appliance modules made by smarthome.com Plus, the local control feature can be disabled by programming the unit instead of taking it apart and cutting wires.