PDA

View Full Version : Programming question

njreefgrl_2182
07/14/2005, 06:07 PM
I just bought a aquacontroller jr. with a DC8 and have a few questions. Can you hook up 2 powerheads and a pump. I read that you can only have 2 powerheads/pumps connected. Is it possible to program the 2 powerheads on a timer control to go off at midnight and come on in the morning to simulate calmer seas at night and to still be able to use them on the feed timer?

Thanks,
Kimberly

Member No. 1
07/14/2005, 06:33 PM
I browsed thru the manual for the Jr. on line and as far as pumps go I didn't see any thing about how many pumps you could have. They just show 2 pumps as examples. As far as the section on pumps, feeding cycles, and wave motion set-up, it looks the same as my ACIII Pro manual. Just try and set it up worst case is it doesn't work.

njreefgrl_2182
07/14/2005, 06:52 PM
Well I have been playing around with timer settings. Is it possible to have the powerheads go off at night and on in the morning? I can find a program with the powerheads to control a on/off timing. I only see it with the light timers.
Thanks,
Kimberly

Member No. 1
07/14/2005, 07:02 PM
Something like this...
And this is a short version. See pages 13-14, 18-20, 24 of your manual.
The default program only lists two pumps PM1 PM2 but you can add more.

Say off at 10:00 pm on at 8:00 am
Power heads = PH1 and PH2

If Time > 8:00 Then PH1 ON
If Time > 22:00 Then PH1 OFF
If Time > 8:00 Then PH2 ON
If Time > 22:00 Then PH2 OFF

The controller uses a 24 hour day not two 12's hence the 22:00 for 10:00 pm.

Member No. 1
07/14/2005, 07:09 PM
Oh and taken from
Neptune Systems (http://www.neptunesys.com/aquaControllerJr.htm) web site:

Timers
The timer functionality included in the base unit is capable of turning devices on and off at specific times of the day with one minute resolution. The AquaController Jr can also turn the devices on or off multiple times per day not just one time per day as with other controllers. The flexible timers allows for the standard lighting control as well as for dosing of various elements. Up to 12 devices can be controlled by the AquaController Jr.

WaveMaker
Each pump to be controlled can either have a random or fixed time period. Both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 minute to 4 hours in 1 minute increments. Up to 12 pumps can be controlled by one base unit. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).

njreefgrl_2182
07/14/2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your help. I get it now... I needed to add a state to control the powerheads on and off.
Thanks,
Kimberly