PDA

View Full Version : 330w VHO enough?

wineo
07/26/2005, 05:59 PM
I have a 75 gal with 330W of VHO. I'm a want to be new clamer and want to know if this is enough lighting? thanks everyone!

Wineo

Shorty5198
07/26/2005, 10:43 PM
Ummm i would think that you could keep a low light clam if your params are good. Maybe a gigas, deresa, or a squamosa. Crocea and maxima would be a no cuz those need intense lighting. If you do get one, i might try to find it a nice spot on the rocks, closer to the light. He will either secrete an acid with melts the rock to his shape or drill himself into the rock. Good luck!

grimmjohn
07/27/2005, 10:34 AM
I would think a crocea or maxima would be fine in the top third of the tank...they like being on the rocks anyway..if you want example I'm sure I can find some, thats what I do ;)
I assume you can keep up with the CA and alk demands. () : )

Cheers,

grimmjohn

P.S. I see you have a 50/50, an actinic, and something else, what is the K of the last bulb? Might help someone else help you..I would hope that it's a 10K or something though

wineo
07/28/2005, 04:24 PM
thanks guys.

10K is the most important wavelength, correct?

From what I understand Derasa and Sqamosa are sand dwellers so the clam would be placed on sand bottom. Would this be correct? should I put something underneath sand for clam to attach to?