PDA

View Full Version : AQIII PRO stopped logging data about 5 days ago-Need Help

wfgworks
08/02/2005, 08:05 PM
Well, I went into my Aquanotes to do some graphing and I cant do any graphing for the past 5 days. I still have the data from July 27 and back but nothing over the past 5 days.

Whats going on?

Suggetions?

clp
08/03/2005, 09:48 AM
We do not support AquaNotes in this forum. Please email the 12 digit authorization code (it can be found in the help->about AquaNotes windown) to [email protected] Include your name, the version and build # of AquaNotes as well.

Curt

wfgworks
08/03/2005, 09:59 AM
Curt

Welcome back. I'm sure you enjoyed your month off.

I sent you an email with my name and Aquanotes number.

wfgworks
08/04/2005, 04:53 PM
Curt

Now I need some assistance getting the pager service working.

I went in an changed the phone number to my Cell phone.
Put a check mark in the Global Enable
I click on the test button but nothing.

I'm connected through a LAN line, will the paging service still work?

clp
08/04/2005, 04:56 PM
The pager functionality in AquaNotes uses the modem in your PC. If there isn't a modem/phone line, then no paging.

Curt

wfgworks
08/04/2005, 04:58 PM
What about the AQIII PRO and not Aquanotes?

Does that make a difference?

Can any paging be done through a LAN line?

clp
08/04/2005, 05:03 PM
The 3 Pro does not support paging. If you want to get info to your cell phone it would probably be better to send an email to your cell phone email address. Or if you phone doesn't support email, then get an email to SMS gateway account (search on google), and then you should be able to receive a text message on the current status, etc.

Curt

wfgworks
08/04/2005, 05:10 PM
Ok, I will look into that.

What type of changes should I make under the authentication section for the email option?

When I pull up the help menu, it provides a differenct example for the setup than what Aquanotes provides.

clp
08/04/2005, 05:15 PM
Please contact me via email for AquaNotes support.

Curt

wfgworks
08/04/2005, 05:53 PM
Curt

Do you have any suggestions on the SMS account?
I did a search but not sure which feature or type of account I need.

I'm confussed on what an SMS account provides me.

Does the email alarm go to an SMS account than sent to my cell phone?

kattner
08/04/2005, 09:37 PM
wfgworks

Your cell phone has probably has an email address for sending sms messages. It is usually your 10 digit phone number followed by the @ sign and then the domain for the phone provider. For example Tmobile is [email protected]

The number is an example that you would replace with your phone number. When the message is sent your phone provider converts it somewhere within their mass of computers and sends to your phone as an SMS message. SMS stands for short message service and it is just a way to send text messages to the phones.

See the link below for some common cell providers and the format to use for email to sms. I tried the tmobile version on my phone and it worked great.

http://www.accutracking.com/sms-email.html

clp
08/04/2005, 10:05 PM
For my phone it is similar. To send to an SMS message (AT&T wireless now cingular) I use [email protected] Just tried it with a 3 Pro and it works. I think I going to put on the firmware enhancement list a short email format so that the typical 160 character limit doesn't result in a truncated message.

Curt

kbecker
08/04/2005, 10:09 PM
A Verizon example: [email protected]

Verizon's vtext service (http://www.vtext.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp)

Now if the AC3pro had email authentication.....:cool:

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 07:07 AM
Well, thanks to Curt, Cingular is your [email protected]

Got it working

Kbecker

What is the benefit of email authentication?

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:06 AM
Ok, now I went into the AQIII PRO to put the info in so that it will send messages to my cell phone and when I hit the test email, it doesnt work.

Are you limited to a certain about of characters in the AQIII PRO?

When I type everything in the AQIII PRO, it goes to the second line.

kbecker
08/05/2005, 08:14 AM
Here is a whole thread talking about it: Email authentication (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=587831&highlight=email)

But a quick quote from the thread by Joboo:
If your ISP requires password authentication then you can't send email via your ISP because the AQ unit does not use password authentication. SO the next option is to either send mail through another mail server(third party, your own) that doesn't require password authentication. The above test just confirms whether your ISP blocks port 25 which would affect sending mail via your own mail server or another mail server outside your ISP's network.

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:17 AM
But the test features works in Aquanotes. I can get emails from Aquanotes when I hit the test button.

Sorry, I'm alittle confused.

kbecker
08/05/2005, 08:30 AM
Cellphone text messages are limited to 160 characters, which is what I think you are asking.

Now upon reading your post further, Aquanotes DOES support email authentication and AC3pro unit DOES NOT. That is probably why you can get emails via the Aquanotes and not when you use the Test function on the AC3pro itself.

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:31 AM
Ok, I did the test an got this "220 mail.bortnet.com ESMTP Postfix"

Now what?

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:33 AM
What I dont understand is:

I can send messages from Aquanotes to my cell phone

now

I want the AQIII PRO to do the same.

Just want to send ALM messages when something is wrong.

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:37 AM
When the AQIII PRO sends a message, how many characters are sent by the AQIII PRO?

kbecker
08/05/2005, 08:45 AM
Well here is a link to the ESMTP Postfix Postfix ETRN Howto (http://www.linux-faqs.com/faq/postfix/ETRN_README.php) But that really isnt the problem.

I dont know how many lines the AC3pro sends, but I can do some testing when I get home. Second, when you send an email to your cell via Aquanotes, do you use a password?

kbecker
08/05/2005, 08:51 AM
Ok I found more info about your specific email service. Your current ISP might require authentication, but if you use port 2525 for your Bortnet SMTP service, that should fix the problem. Here is your Bortnet SMTP service FAQ (http://bortnet.com/bortnet/details_faq.jsp)

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 08:53 AM
I'm not using a password when sending to my cell phone.

clp
08/05/2005, 10:12 AM
What is the version and date of the firmware in your controller?

From a command shell telnet in the controller (something like telnet 192.168.1.50).
login into the controller.
At the aquacontroller prompt type:
cons
1 maild
mail

and send the output to me ([email protected]).

Curt

Joboo
08/05/2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by wfgworks
I'm not using a password when sending to my cell phone.

I read your post on the other thread as well. If you can send via aquanotes then everything seems to be working on the smtp side. Now you just have to enter the same info you have in the aquanotes software into your ACIII pro. I'm sure you probably have done this by now so I think at this point there must be an issue on the ACIII side.

wfgworks
08/05/2005, 02:53 PM
How do you power cycle the AIII PRO?

clp
08/05/2005, 03:37 PM
Unplug the AC adapter for 5 to 10 seconds.

Curt