PDA

View Full Version : Schuran Club

ccyflai
08/07/2005, 02:00 AM
Why no Schuran Club? It seems Ca reactor is getting popular here but not yet skimmer. Schuran skimmers are popular in our area and 2nd to best besides H&S. Maybe, most of you think venturi is no better than needle wheel technology. But I was impressed with the Jetskim counter-current verturi design. It is able to keep long reaction time with water and bubbles mixture.

I love my Schuran Jetskim 150 and Jststream Pico though my tank is not setting up yet :D. Share your thought about Schuran products here.

Remorarules
08/07/2005, 03:55 AM
I am tempted to get a shuran skimmer, I have a 55 gal, and I was thinking about the jetskim 120, can you compare your Shuran skimmer performance to euroreef, just curious.

ccyflai
08/07/2005, 06:35 AM
I haven't owned any Euroreef before and I can't tell. Here is the skimmate of 150 of a FOT.

http://photos.hksaltfish.com/ubb/uploads/1054556269.jpg

ccyflai
08/07/2005, 09:40 PM
How about Schuran reactor? Seems having good review here.

ReefSalt
08/31/2005, 05:19 PM
I have H&S, but Schuran makes one hell of a skimmer and calcium reactor.
I would have bought one but availability was a problem.

Its funny I was speaking to some German hobbiest and they swear by Schuran and H&S there.

I told them that Deltec is popular here and they could not believe it,since H&S and Schruan are there top notch skimmers which are used by all major Zoos and Labs.

Tigger_sg
05/10/2006, 12:32 AM
I own both the Schuran (500L) and H&S (400L in sump).

The schuran outperforms the H&S due to the longer dwell time.

otterpop510
05/10/2006, 01:02 AM
for folks in the US, who sells schuran equipment around here? what are prices compared to h&s, deltec, ER, etc..

dwolson2
10/16/2012, 02:04 PM
Hey I know this is an old thread but has anyone modded their jetskims? I have a 150 and i would like to see a bit better perfomance if possible.

Mmiller40gt
10/16/2012, 04:31 PM
I looked at them. The reactors although real nice have a rep for being delicate and parts extremely hard to find in the US. My concern would be the skimmers are the same. Don't care if its the best skimmer ever made, if its breaks often and hard to repair then It won't work for most of us.

dwolson2
10/16/2012, 04:35 PM
lol, yea, its metric parts and I am having troubles finding the piece I want. Where my skimmer is and where I want it to be are two different things. It works pretty well and when there is gunk to pull out of a tank, it does, but I want it to work exactly where I want it to work. If thats confusing sorry. I am trying to put it in a smaller location, which everything fits but one piece.