PDA

View Full Version : acII pro - sporadic temperatures

whodah
08/09/2005, 04:49 PM
heya!

i'm getting sporadic temperature readings out of my ACIIpro...

since it's the pro model, it does have the grounding probe built into the temp probe of course.

i'm doing comparisons against a NIST thermometer and a little cheapo digital thermometer.

when i say 'sparatic', i will get temps like:

NIST = 80.8
cheapo lcd = 80.6
acIIpro = 85.0

then later that day:

NIST = 80.6
cheapo lcd = 80.7
acIIpro = 79.8

sometimes the acIIpro is inline w/ the other two - but most of the time it's not. and it's sporadic - sometimes the acIIpro is higher, sometimes lower...

so - i thought, time to get a new temp probe! but to my dismay, the 2nd (brand new) temp probe is doing the same thing. :(

my tank is grounded via two grounding probes: 1 in the tank, 1 in the sump.

the probes are in a low-flow area.

the acIIpro is not hooked up to a computer.

any ideas?

thanks! :)

clp
08/09/2005, 05:34 PM
First make sure that there is no corrosion on the connectors as this can result in an unreliable/erratic connection.
See if the temperature changes are correlated with a device/appliance turning on. The data logging feature is very useful in looking at trends. It could be that the temperature cord is routed next to some appliance that is radiating RF which is interfering with the temperature readings.

Curt

laverda
08/10/2005, 01:46 AM
I am getting bigger sporadic readings then that plus the fans will be off when they should be on at 82 then a min later the temp reading will jump down to 79 then back up to 82 and the fans might come on this time. I will check the connector but the AC3 is only a month old or so.