PDA

View Full Version : Stream Food Timer Problem

drk70
08/16/2005, 07:06 PM
Roger,

I have a Stream 6000 with a 7091 controller. It has worked flawlessly since I got it in April. Just in the last few days when I push the food timer button the stream pump turns off but will not go back on. The controller works normal with the lights still switching between the 2 power settings. If I unplug it and plug it back in it will work again.

Any suggestions on what is going on and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

rvitko
08/16/2005, 08:45 PM
If it got wet you will have to buy a new one but the other possibility is the food timer button is sticking down, it is pinched under the housing. To open the unit and check this just remove the two screws in the back and pop off the three knobs with a flat head screwdriver. You could also just send it in. I do generally offer discounts on wet unit replacement.

drk70
08/17/2005, 06:02 AM
Nothing got wet so I know that isn't the problem.

You think it is the controller. The controller seems to be continuing on doing what it normally does, it is just the propeller in the pump that doesn't spin.

Thanks for the response and I will try what you suggest.

rvitko
08/17/2005, 07:34 AM
The pump on light comes back on and the pump still doesn't spin? The answer is in that pump on light but I have never had this be caused by the pump. The pump would have to be dirty or very fouled with calcium and in that case the alarm should be going off.

drk70
08/17/2005, 09:23 AM
I will check tonight and confirm what it is doing.

Thanks

drk70
08/17/2005, 05:50 PM
OK. I push the food timer the pump goes off. When it is time for the pump to come on the controller goes back to normal switching between the 2 power settings but the pump doesn't turn. It will jerk occasionally I think when it switches between settings but does not come on. If I unplug the contoller from the motor controller the pump will come back on. I plug the controller back in and it's fine again.

rvitko
08/17/2005, 08:44 PM
Send it in. I will fix it as soon as it arrives but this one is a mystery. I need the pump, controller and driver- keep the transformer, it adds a lot of shipping weight.

Tunze USA
1304 Monica St
Austin TX 78758

I would advise against using the mail, they have lost stuff before, and delivery confirmation is rather worthless because it just means it was delivered but doesn't say where.

drk70
08/18/2005, 06:25 AM
Strange thing is Roger, I just left it alone last night after pushing the food timer and it did come back on, eventually. I was feeding the tank at the time so I wasn't really paying attention to how long it took or if the controller started and the pump didn't but it did come back on by itself. I will pay more attention to it tonight and see what it does before I send it in to you. I would hate to ship it to you if it seems to be working again and you not be able to duplicate the problem.

rvitko
08/18/2005, 10:05 AM
Thats a plan. Pay attention to the pump on light, it is above the foodtimer. When it is off, foodtimer is working, when it is back on, the pump should start. The foodtimer delay can be as short as 2 minutes, the longest I have ever seen is 8.

drk70
08/18/2005, 10:14 AM
Will do. I will keep you posted on what happens and if I send it to you I will post or PM you before I do, so you know it is coming.

Thanks BTW, I appreciate your quick response and help with this.

drk70
08/31/2005, 01:17 PM
Roger, Sorry to take so long to post. Everything seems to be OK with my Tunze. I guess it was just on one of those long delay times with the food timer and I panicked.

Thanks again for the quick response.