PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand programing

Bugger
08/19/2005, 06:27 PM
It's a great product but the manual is over complicated. Okey I don't know what Im doing I programed the lines but I don't know abut the DC8. What the hell are the swithchs for? is there somthing I misseed?

kattner
08/19/2005, 07:10 PM
The switches are for assigning specific addresses to each plug. For example, the first plug in the lineup would be assigned A1, the second A2 etc. The first two DIP switches assigns the letter for the addressing and the second two determine the numeric range, either 1-8 or 9-16. So for example, you could set it up to use the letter A and numbers 1-8. The plugs would be addressed A1 - A8. Your programming would reference these plug addresses and you would plug the correct device into the corresponding plug referenced in your programming.

Bugger
08/19/2005, 07:18 PM
LoL what are you taking about? I understood your first sentance but then you lost me.

DIP switches?
assigns what letter huh?
addressing?
second two DIP switches I presume?
numeric range bah?
either what or what?

so All program settings should be set as A01 A02 A03 A03 A04 A05 to A08

Bugger
08/19/2005, 08:07 PM
Okey I think I figured it out.

kattner
08/19/2005, 09:05 PM
Sorry, now you have me laughing too!

LEt me know if you need more help, cuz I know you want to get that thing running as soon as you can. The DIP switches are the ones that "DIP" up and down on the side of the unit. There is a legend on the side of the DC8 that shows you how to flip the switches. The "address" of each plug is just a name the plug has so the aquacontroller will know which plug to turn on and off. The DIP switches are how you set the "addresses" or names for the plugs - like an address to tell someone which house you live in. LOL