PDA

View Full Version : wave box for new tank

sealife
08/25/2005, 03:20 PM
i am get a new tank and want a wave bax for it the tank will be 60long 30 wide and 24 tall where is the best place to put the wave box and where to the over flow box and how big sould the teeth be ? it will a sps tank and what power heads sould i use with the wave box thanks

KEEPERZ
08/25/2005, 03:49 PM
tagging along- HEY ROGER, THE TANK I HAVE BEING BUILT IS A 108" X 48"X 32" AND I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE OVERFLOWS ALSO. WITH THE WAVE BOX AND 4- 6100'S WILL 2 BACK CORNER OVERFLOWS WITH 2" DEEP TEETH WORK? OR SHOULD I PLAN ON USING BOTH 48" SIDES OF THE TANK FOR MY OVERFLOWS IN ORDER TO CATCH THE WAVES? IS THE EXTENSION A MUST FOR THE DEPTH OF MY TANK? ANY CLARIFICATION WILL GO ALONG WAY-THANKS-

rvitko
08/27/2005, 07:54 AM
The overflow box is ideally centered along the back and the wavebox centered on the side. Sealife, you will probably get a 1" wave if you center the overflow, 1/2"-3/4" with end overflows. I would use it with 2 6000's

Keeperz, I have no experience with a tank of this size, a wavebox is suitable for up to 320 gallons or so and you need an extension for every additional 320, the maximum being 1200 gallons or so (4 units total). End overflows is not a good idea if you can avoid it, they will be loud, they will shorten the wave substantially and the lack of water can have consequences for your sump and filter or closed loop system, remember no water will be going through the overflow when the trough of the wave is on that side and then it will get slammed with lots of water.

KEEPERZ
08/27/2005, 10:04 AM
MAKES ALOT OF SENSE-LIKE ALWAYS-THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ROGER