PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 6060 Trouble ....

Dancryer
09/04/2005, 01:42 PM
Hello, I recently saved up all my pennies and bought myself 2x tunze 6060 streams one for each back corner of the tank ..... As you can imagine I set them up asap!

However no matter how hard I try with placement in my bowfront 80g with a DSB it just blows everything everywhere! Over the past few days I have totally re-done my rockwork several times and just cannot tone down the flow of these beasts no matter which way the rock is placed!

I even tried to bury them into the rockwork ... this did work however it just inst practical for me as I have a tank Full of softies and cannot rip it all down when its time to clean them, My second attempt was to cut a piece off some ladies stockings and place it over the intake grill like a sheath (Not the output hole,just the grill) ..again this worked But all the fine particles in the tank quickly get stuck onto it and also the overall temperature of the tank seems to rise somewhat.

I know I should have gone for the 6000 models and the controller ...But I didnt, and to be honest I couldnt afford it anyway so Im stuck with these.

Im still in the mind of somehow modifying them a little so it takes the edge off the huge blowing power, I know this will void the warrenty but ...Im at my wits end with these units and am starting to feel that I have totally wasted near on £200 !!

Please Help ....!

----
Dan

rvitko
09/05/2005, 08:15 AM
Why not just run one at a time on timers? Use one hour intervals. The sand will compact to some extent in time and this problem will diminish but you need to keep the pumps cleaned of sand in the mean time. You could also further diffuse the flow with the inlet/outlet screens from a 6200 Stream- 6200.13. Alternatively, if you a friend with a machine shop you could carefully file a couple mm off the prop but you have to be sure the prop is balanced and it is even.