PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a wireless bridge?

sidewinder770
09/06/2005, 01:31 PM
I was looking at using this wireless bridge (http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1115416827926&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper) to connect my ACIII PRO to my network. Has anyone done this? My controller is in the garage and I'd rather not run a cable to it if I don't have to but I figured I'd see if anyone else has tried this before I go buy one.

kattner
09/06/2005, 02:49 PM
yep, I have done so. There's a number of threads on it here. I used the Dlink both the B and G versions and it worked fine. The linksys seemed to have some range issues. I also used an add on antenna to help with the signal.

sidewinder770
09/06/2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I looked and could only come up with info on using the serial port not the ethernet port but I figured as much- seems pretty simple to do. I would rather run a cable to be honest but my attic is like 500 degrees so that doesn't sound like fun. If I do it now I think I will do it wirelessly but if I wait for winter I'll just run a cat5 cable. Anyway- Thanks for the help at least I know it's been done.

kbecker
09/06/2005, 03:34 PM
I have used that very exact one till I hardwired a port into my wall. It worked very well when I was using it.