PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr problems

SawCJack00
09/23/2005, 07:38 AM
Hello Curt, I have an AC Jr that I purchased about a month and a half ago. The problem that I have is as follows. I go into manual control to turn off a pump or whatever, and when I go out and push run, the entire unit re-boots or or ocasionally just sits there with absolutely nothing on the screen at all. When it re-boots, the date and time are also re-set. All of my programming still remains saved. When it just freezes up, the backlight remains on but no images are on the screen. I have to unplug it to re-boot it. These problems seem to happen about half the time that I go into manual control. When this does not happen, the unit works fine. Is this a defective unit? Obviously I can't continue to use it like it is... (I used to have an ACII on my old system and love your products). Let me know what I can do to correct these issues. Thanks!

clp
09/23/2005, 04:37 PM
I suspect that you have an old version of the firmware. Please send an email to support@neptunesys.com and include the serial number of the controller, and the version/date of the firmware. Both these can be found in the self-test menu.

Curt

SawCJack00
09/24/2005, 06:42 AM
Email sent. Thanks!

SawCJack00
10/03/2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Curt, just wanted to let you know that I did the download, and it seems to be working properly now. Thanks for your help and the GREAT service!!!

Sparkss
10/06/2005, 12:14 PM
Is the current firmware information available anywhere ? I would like to check my AC Jr when it arrives tomorrow, prior to putting it on my tank setup.

clp
10/06/2005, 03:15 PM
The current shipping version is 3.0 with a date of 6A05 (see selftest on the controller).

Curt

Sparkss
10/06/2005, 05:59 PM
I guess I will find out tomorrow if MarineDepot is shipping out of back inventory or current stock :)

Thanks.

Sparkss
10/07/2005, 09:45 PM
Mine came in with 3.00J 6A05 .. so I am current.. now on to the programming and setup :)