PDA

View Full Version : AC II, II Pro, III Pro and Jr owner experiences

Sparkss
10/07/2005, 05:20 PM
This is to collect data on owner expereinces with the AquaControllers. Most of the posts in this forum are to report problems, but that is often a poor indicator of the quality of a product. Hopefully there are enough people that read this forum that have positive things to say also, as I would really like to get a valid gauge of owner satisfaction.

This is my first time posting a poll, so if I royally screw it up, bear with me. There will be 8 categories, 2 for each controller, one for "never had a problem" and one for "had a problem".

** This is not asking about NeptuneSys customer service, but purely on the unit itself.
** Any problems reported only count if the problem was directly related to unit or manufacturing failure, not if the problem encountered was user/configuration/house wiring/controlled device/etc errors.

I left off the AC I since it is no longer offerred for sale new.

dhoch
10/07/2005, 06:15 PM
I just got my ACIII so far no problems, but take my vote with a grain of salt... it's pretty new for me. (lots of configuration things to understand).

Dave

Sparkss
10/07/2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I only hope that this poll is not skewed towards the negative since a "happy" owner is not as likely to browse this forum as one who was/is looking for an answer to a problem would be.

dhoch
10/08/2005, 06:44 AM
Tom,

Ok an update... even though I can't go back and change my vote.

Ph connector is broken:

Had an existing Ph probe from a pinpoint monitor (and I purchased a new one from Neptune with my system)... Tried to calibrate the old one with my Neptune it wouldn't register the Ph 10 solution (registered at 6.something and when I pressed select as instructions said it said probe was defective)... I did the same thing with the probe from neptune and again defective.... Took the neptune probe and attached to the pinpoint monitor and it registered the Ph 10 solution fine... So I'm now back to the pinpoint monitor....And Neptune is closed through the weekend AND on monday!!!

Sigh....

Dave

Sparkss
10/08/2005, 05:50 PM
Dave,

D**n, I am sorry to hear that, and on a III Pro no less. I sincerely hope that they get ti worked out for you first thing on Tuesday. I would definitely post a separate thread in this forum and see if maybe Curt is around and monitoring....Hopefully it is simthing simple like it needing a firmware update, etc. Or maybe others had the same issue and can share their knowledge and experience in resolving it :). Best of luck with it..... and thanks for the heads up.

dhoch
10/08/2005, 08:38 PM
I did post another thread about it....

Not only is it on a III pro, but they drop shipped it from Neptune!

Dave

Sparkss
10/10/2005, 01:10 AM
Bump !! :)

dhoch
10/10/2005, 03:12 AM
Ok let me revised... I'm back into the only user error problem (found out that I need the temp probe in the calibration solution with the Ph probe)...

So it's working now... chalk it up to not reading the manual carefully enough.

Dave

Sparkss
10/10/2005, 11:53 AM
I read that in your other thread... I would never have guessed that the temp probe also serves as the grounding point for the probes.. no worries and thanks again for the feedback.

Glad to hear that you are "back in action" without having to wait until Tuesday :) Gotta love this board and it's members :D

Sparkss
10/11/2005, 03:28 PM
After 4 days, and 25 votes, here are the totals so far, with the percentages based on the different controller owner groups :

AC Jr - No Problems encountered 4 57%
AC Jr - Problems encountered 3 43%

AC II - No Problems encountered 4 67%
AC II - Problems encountered 2 33%

AC II Pro - No Problems encountered 2 100%
AC II Pro - Problems encountered 0 0%

AC III Pro - No Problems encountered 8 80%
AC III Pro - Problems encountered 2 20%

Total: 25 votes

Aquaduck
10/12/2005, 05:50 AM
I voted AC JR. WITH problems. The old firmware version I got with the unit had known issues. My unit locked up dead while I was programming it. Neptune was great. They send me a serial cable and new firmware and within a few days it was working flawlessly. Never had a problem since then. Don't let that scare you from buying one though. This little controller was the best thing I ever bought for my tank.

Sparkss
10/17/2005, 05:59 PM
36 votes... going for a bump to see if we can hit 50 owners/votes :)

Sparkss
10/19/2005, 12:39 AM
38 votes so far... hoping for at least an even 40 :)