PDA

View Full Version : bicolor angel

Dendence
10/08/2005, 02:32 PM
I am sitting here watching my bicolor angel nip at my red brain. Stupid to get it.

anydarnthing
10/08/2005, 07:25 PM
Well if you can't catch it at least it will die soon, I just can't seem to keep them alive for more then a month I tried 3 all dead...no more... don't need "ace" status on Bi-colors.

katlongo
10/08/2005, 10:58 PM
Dendence- so sorry about the brain! I don't have much in the way of corals as I'm stocking with fish that aren't very coral "friendly" but my bicolor hasn't nipped at anything (yet).

anydamnthing - so sorry about your bicolors! Mine has been in my tank for about 8 months and I love him! He was hard to get to eat at first, but now he's nice and round and fat and has a great personality.

Dendence
10/09/2005, 12:43 PM
I have a green brain that is huge and unbelievable color, it has started to nip at that now. Hate to say it but I hope anydamnthing is right.

LukFox
10/09/2005, 12:59 PM
If you havent already, cover the brains with strawberry crates or something until you can get the fish out.

Triggerman1964
10/09/2005, 08:16 PM
I agree with anydamnthing.I also had three different casualties.
Don't know if it was collection methods or something else.
Beautiful fish.Very hard to keep.

wayne in norway
10/10/2005, 03:14 AM
I have found my bicolor quite hardy, and is now 15 months in my care. It did not touch prepared foods for a full month so you'd better be ready to QT it with some liverock to browse on. Also I got it pretty small, not much more than an inch long. It seems people struggle to get them eating, for whatever reasons.

wayne in norway
10/10/2005, 03:15 AM
Also any kind of lps is just so much candy to even the mosr reefsafe of angels.

BlueNWhite
04/29/2007, 08:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=5870021#post5870021 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Triggerman1964
I agree with anydamnthing.I also had three different casualties.
Don't know if it was collection methods or something else.
Beautiful fish.Very hard to keep.
OK, I'm bringing this one back up. I have a question for all of you who did not have any luck with their BiColor Angel attempts. Was the problem that they did not take any food at all, or was it a mystery death?

Thanks.

Jerry W
04/29/2007, 10:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9841515#post9841515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BlueNWhite
OK, I'm bringing this one back up. I have a question for all of you who did not have any luck with their BiColor Angel attempts. Was the problem that they did not take any food at all, or was it a mystery death?

Thanks.

I tried one a few years back. It did well for several weeks; eating, no symptoms of ill health, excellent water. Found it dead one morning. Did some more research and more often than not, seems they are a risk. Won't get another.

triggerman41
04/30/2007, 09:12 AM
ya, i agree with anydarnthing

mr. clown man
04/30/2007, 09:36 AM
yea bicolors are known for nipping at coral of all kind....although my friend has a bicolor that will actually sleep and practicaly live in the coral with out even thinking about nipping at the coral in his tank i guess its all about luck sorry about the brain

tropicalfishguy
04/30/2007, 02:30 PM
From what I've been told most bicolors are caught with
cyonide, hence the poor success rate. I have had mine for
around 3 yrs now, did great from the start, but nips at brains,
candycanes, well just about anything but polyps.